Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
Spaceway F2 Delayed Again! By 48Hrs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW2 has been delayed again until Nov. 12th:
http://www.arianespace.com/site/new...ease_index.html
Evry, November 9, 2005

Arianespace Flight Spaceway 2 - Telkom 2: launch delayed by 48 hours
In order to carry out additional verifications, Arianespace has decided to postpone the launch by 48 hours.

The launch is now scheduled during the night of Saturday, November 12 to Sunday, November 13, 2005

Well, at least we can be home to watch it. As far as HDLIL goes I wouldnt care if it blew up on the launch pad. Get the National HD birds in the air!

vurbano said:
Well, at least we can be home to watch it. As far as HDLIL goes I wouldnt care if it blew up on the launch pad. Get the National HD birds in the air!

LOL, thats good stuff Vurbano!!

Let it burn :)

Bring on the National HD!

Burn.......Uh

You do realize HD LIL's are number 1 importance to D*. If this sat is hosed, it may take away national HD channels from existing and the new sats in 2007. Get that puppy up!!

Brewer4 said:
Burn.......Uh

You do realize HD LIL's are number 1 importance to D*. If this sat is hosed, it may take away national HD channels from existing and the new sats in 2007. Get that puppy up!!

They need spot beam to do HDLIL. The existing sats would be of no use and the national HD sats under construction are not spot beam as far as I know. ANd, take away the national HD channels they already give us and there will be no need for HDLIL. All of the existing HD customers would quit.

It's all the same...

For anyone saying they don't care about HD LIL birds, think about this for a second. Right now, a considerable portion of the bandwidth on the three main orbital positions is being devoured by SD LIL feeds. The sooner those feeds are no longer needed (because those markets are served by the new satellites), the sooner that bandwidth is free.

We could easily let this degrade into a discussion of spot beams versus CONUS, but think about it. Free up enough spot beams and you can use a few to show a national HD channel. Moving ten to twelve markets off of the old satellites and onto the new satellites might be enough coverage for a significant part of DirecTV's subscriber base. Regardless of the purpose for a specific satellite, new bandwidth is a good thing for subscribers.

Thanks agregjones. It takes a sledge hammer for Vurbano to see the big picture. And then, I still dont think he gets it. We all get you dont agree with HD LIL but the quicker the sats are up, the quicker we see HD nationals. Its a simple as that.

Also don't forget the current thinking is that these new sats will each do a spot beam that covers half the US to help provide national HD channels now. So wishing these sats go down in a ball of flames just puts your desire to have new national HD channels that much further into the future.

gene1138 said:
Also don't forget the current thinking is that these new sats will each do a spot beam that covers half the US to help provide national HD channels now. So wishing these sats go down in a ball of flames just puts your desire to have new national HD channels that much further into the future.

I really dont think anyone is all that serious about wanting any satts to go up in flames..

Honestly, do you people really believe everything you read and take it that seriously?

I just like getting a reaction out of the major trollage over here and at AVS...LOL

guffy1 said:
I really dont think anyone is all that serious about wanting any satts to go up in flames..

Honestly, do you people really believe everything you read and take it that seriously?

I just like getting a reaction out of the major trollage over here and at AVS...LOL

Are you kidding me? Have you followed Vurbano's replies in the past? I like that dude but he meant it.

guffy1 said:

Pay no attention to the little boy. guffy1, you still have alot of years before you can sit at the grownup table for Thanksgiving. Now, go sit with the other little trolls and stop bothering us adults.--Ray

raymo721 said:
Pay no attention to the little boy. guffy1, you still have alot of years before you can sit at the grownup table for Thanksgiving. Now, go sit with the other little trolls and stop bothering us adults.--Ray

Thanks again for another childish reaction :)

Its ridiculous reactions like yours that keep me coming back for more..

Seems to me that you have a serious manhood complex my friend..

If I were you I would have that checked out by a professional..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts