Spam Call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Our business line gets junk and spam calls multiple times daily. We learned a long time ago to just hang up on them. They'll try to keep you on the phone to get info from you as long as they can. It's perfectly reasonable to just hang up on them. When Dish has ever called me (which has been rare over the years), I ask them questions in order to verify that they are indeed Dish. If they can't answer to my satisfaction, I hang up. It's just not that difficult to avoid spammers and scammers. Not answering numbers I don't recognize on my personal line (if it's important, they'll leave a message, like I said in my previous post). On the business line, just hanging up on them is not a problem for me. I don't give out any info without a good reason and scammers, spammers and solicitors don't even get 15 seconds on the line. I have too much work to do to be bothered wasting time on them. The companies aren't going to pay to stop them, so it's up to us, the people, to just not give them the time to try to get info from us...

Reactions: navychop
When I get the call I have 2 directions I go ,if I have time to play.
I don't have a computer.

My friend Bill Gates was just over yesterday and he happened to check out my computer. He told me it was in great shape and didn't have any problems .

They still try to follow their script until I get bored and hang up.

To be fair, the companies SHOULDNT pay to stop them. It is not, in any way, their responsibility. I always loved reading the complaints of people that get scammed, thinking they were sending money to a company, realizing it was a scam, and then wondering(while cursing the company) why the company won’t pay them back the money they lost. It’s because not a dime of that went to the company, and just because they have bigger pockets doesn’t mean they are responsible for poor consumerism

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You missed the point. The caller id says Dish 1-800-333-3474. Last week I received a call that showed my number. The spammers have better SW personnel than Dish or the Telephone companies. Since it is us and not Dish nor the telephone companies that are getting hurt, they have little incentive to fix it. If Dish or the Telephone companies hAD TO PAY FOR THE SCAM COSTS AS A RESULT OF SCAMMERS USING THEIR #S OR SYSTEM, then you might see things changing.

Dish doesn't make phone calls from that number so you can be all pissed at them if you want, but...

Dish should be responsible, because unless the scammers are spoofing dish networks number to switch you to Directv, or another provider, Your ultimately dealing with dish

For example let’s say these scammers call you to flip your dish account to a new dish account.

Granted Dish didn’t spam you, but somehow the spammers are tied to Dish because they have access to dish networks system to be able to setup a new account.

If dish secured their customer data better, the scammers wouldn’t know to contact you to begin with.

Granted this is not always true, but Dish and even Directv don’t secure their data as good as you may think.

Yeah, I got a robocall yesterday that went to the recorder. My Windows will stop working very soon.... Funny thing is I have a Mac... ;) Immediately blocked on my Pro Call Blocker!
No, they meant that they are about to cover your windows with black plastic, so you can't look outside!

There are devices available that allow you to block land line calls from robo- and cold-caller numbers. When you receive an objectionable call you press a button and a call from that number will never disturb you again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use an app called True Caller (along with True Dialer) that lists calls as spam as tagged by other users and kept in their cloud data base, plus it's one touch to block calls

There are devices available that allow you to block land line calls from robo- and cold-caller numbers. When you receive an objectionable call you press a button and a call from that number will never disturb you again.
Useless for spoofed numbers. I block one, and then the next one comes in a few digits off. I don't have the time to play whack-a-mole all day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts