Spanish packs should have the HD channels mapped like the SD version are...

Where I do agree that it would be a lot easier, there are no plans to have them mapped down at this time. You can always setup a favorites list to make things a bit easier.

Just too bad Dish won't do this -- I can't see any rationale except to keep people from getting the package due to
Non ease of use. I know it's the only reason I'm not on
Latino max!

QUOTE=MattG@ DISH NETWORK;2477602]Where I do agree that it would be a lot easier, there are no plans to have them mapped down at this time. You can always setup a favorites list to make things a bit easier.[/QUOTE]

How difficult is it? Really?

EDIT - I mean how hard is it for Dish to map down?

Having the Latino package I understand it's a pain.....

Last edited:
It's a royal pain in the A for the customer. Matt Maybe E* should start looking at how many sub to the packages. I have a favs lists but it's still stinks. :rant:

It's a royal pain in the A for the customer. Matt Maybe E* should start looking at how many sub to the packages. I have a favs lists but it's still stinks. :rant:
Honestly, I think the general numbering of the channels on Dish is terrible. Granted, regardless what you subscribe to, the channels should be the same.

But even after a couple years with Dish, I still didn't really know many channels by heart, 105 USA, 140 ESPN, 149 FSC, 132 TCM, 151 VS. That about covers the channels I knew. I still didn't remember if TLC was between 105 and 132 or 160 and 200. I remember Directv having a more logical channel number lineup.

I'm really just curious why there is a need to map the Latino Package, but English speaking channels in the 5000s.

Honestly, I think the general numbering of the channels on Dish is terrible. Granted, regardless what you subscribe to, the channels should be the same.

But even after a couple years with Dish, I still didn't really know many channels by heart, 105 USA, 140 ESPN, 149 FSC, 132 TCM, 151 VS. That about covers the channels I knew. I still didn't remember if TLC was between 105 and 132 or 160 and 200. I remember Directv having a more logical channel number lineup.

I'm really just curious why there is a need to map the Latino Package, but English speaking channels in the 5000s.

Because if it's hard for you to remember three digits, try four. It's the main reason I don't sub to LatinoMAX. It's dumb the map SD versions in the XXx's, but not HD equivalents. They double MAP on English packs.

That's it the English channels should map like all English channels. I don't think it would be possible to map the Spanish as there is no equivalent channel in the lower numbers. Comprenda?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)