Speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
I want to hook up a couple speakers to my system for listening to the music stations at my pool. How do I hook them up? From the satelite reciever or from the TV audio out? Thank you for your help.

The best way that I can think of would be to run the speakers thru an receiver amp. I don't think you can run them straight from the sat. receiver. I'm sure someone else may have more input on this question.

Some sort of amplifier will be needed for sure. I'm not sure if the TV out jacks will work - it depends on the TV model and the hookups.

My suggestion would be something like self-amplified PC speakers. Cheap, yet with decent sound. Biggest issue I see is the distance from the receiver to the pool - you might have to use killer cables, or even a pre-amp. Just depends.

Of course, if you ran the satellite receiver through the stereo system everything wins - you now have a home theater, and use the "B" speaker outputs to drive the pool. Of course, I'm making some assumptions here, but you get the idea of the possibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)