Speaking of Audio Problems!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
One of our local channels received over D*, and the same over the air, is driving us nuts.

If we set the volume for regular programming, it's fine, but come commercial time it truly *blasts* them/us out.

I've written to them before and they say that there is no problem on their end.

So, can someone tell me (from actual experience) if those "volume reducers" that you put in the cable line actually work to keep volume at a steady level?

Secondly, my HR20-100S is slaved to 4 other tvs. If these volume reducers do work can it be inserted where the cable comes out of the receiver, or would I need one for each tv?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm betting that such devices don't operate on the satellite cable. Compressors need a decoded audio feed to work and for that, they must hang off the RCA jacks.

If you had any surround sound aspirations, a gizmo such as this would kill them.

I'm betting that such devices don't operate on the satellite cable. Compressors need a decoded audio feed to work and for that, they must hang off the RCA jacks.

If you had any surround sound aspirations, a gizmo such as this would kill them.

Yes, those devices have stereo RCA jacks. I currently have an RF modulator that accepts the line out from the receiver and relays it to all of the (standard) tvs. So, I would use rca jack cables from the receiver to the sound reducer, and thus to the modulator, and rg-59 coax cable to the 4 tvs via splitter.

Just need to know if these things actually do work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts