Speaking with my money...

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Well, still no word regarding the program guide on the 921. I have already downgraded to AT60 with HD pack. I'm calling today to cancel HD pack and two of my additional receivers (I seldom watch those televisions and I have a Samsung HD receiver for one of them so at least I'll have locals in HD). This will knock my bill down to:

24.99 AT60
4.99 DVR fee 921
4.99 Additional receiver fee

Down from over 90.00 per month last year. Next step will be to cancel and go to either Comcast or D*. Thanks for the great customer support Dish! :(

Well, thanks. That's the only talking that Dish will hear. People are leaving. Direct is adding way more subs then Dish (and both may be in trouble relative to Cable).

Only problem is I'm not sure Dish really understands WHY people are leaving.

(now, I'm not sure what your referring to as far a program guide, but after 1 year we 921 users have been dealing with some of the same bugs since day 1).

My ?

What can Dish possibly do to stop the bleeding?

My cable co offers a HD DVR for 9.95/mo. and 5 more HD channels than DISH at only a minimal price difference.

Also cable offers VOD services which I know is no great thing but it's something. Before Sat. could offer better prices, better picture and newer techs.

Now that cable has caught up and passed them, what else can they do?

For me the killer was trying to force me to subscribe to locals to get an inferior local program guide on my 921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts