Special 622 upgrade phone # still working?

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I called my local retailer to upgrade my 942 but they are so backed up I was told to call Dish directly as they cannot take requests for the 622. So, does anyone know if the special 888# is still active to upgrade to the 622 or should I use the regular 800# for Dish and get whoever answers the phone? I would like someone that knows what they are talking about though...

I haven't heard of any special number, but you've always got to be careful - there's unscrupulous people out there that ask like they are Dish themselves.

It's a shame that your local guy (IF he's the opriginal installer!) can't help you. If he's NOT the original retailer (known as ROR), then he CAN'T help you.

The special SatelliteGuys Upgrade Number that Dish Network provided from us has been discontinued, however you can call the regular number 800-333-3474 and they can help you out.

I just did it for mine on Wednesday and they are coming on Saturday with my 622's :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The special SatelliteGuys Upgrade Number that Dish Network provided from us has been discontinued, however you can call the regular number 800-333-3474 and they can help you out.

I just did it for mine on Wednesday and they are coming on Saturday with my 622's :)
What is the current pricing for a customer with a leased 942 ?

You pay $199 upfront to upgrade to the leased 622, then if you return your 942, you get a $200 credit on your account.

Last edited:
Current upgrade

On the last Charlie Chat they said the upgrade fee would be $199 and you would get a $100 credit when the receiver is sent back. They you would mail in a rebate form along with a copy of your first statement showing a new HD package - i.e. Bronze, platinum etc. and you will qualify for a $10 credit on your next 10 months bills. This will add up to a free upgrade although it is not refunded to you all at one time.

lakebum431 said:
JDElect is correct.

Just FYI, Dish called me yesterday asking if we would be interested in swapping our leased 942 to 622, $100 credit on our bill when they received my returned 942, and $10/month for $10 months additional credit. I have been hesitant to take this deal because our monthly cost would go up due to the HD Metal pack (I selected Bronze, but currently have Family)... This is all old news....

...to slightly sweeten the deal they offered $10/month for 12 months instead of 10. I took that offer. So I was wondering if I said no to that would they come up with an even better offer? Not sure, but when trying to swap out to a 622 if they call you you may be able to swing a better deal.

I did try to call the special # yesterday and it did seem as if they transferred me to the regular # so Scott is correct. However, the guy I spoke to had NO idea what he was talking about. I had to ask him about the 10 months of $10 and he had to look it up as he never heard of it. I asked him so other questions and also had no idea but all he kept asking for was my CC#. I told him that I will wait. Maybe if I wait long enough they will call me.

Scott Greczkowski said:
how many are on there way Scott? are they owned/leased?
I like the 622 from what i saw of it I had mine all setup to arrive Feb 9th, one day before Olympics but got the CPU generated call they be out tomorrow, that peaked my intrest call advan tech to look into situation only to find out the 299 charge they took was for a sddvr"625" not the hddvr"622" that was the end of the leash i then choked the **it out of they to dish l told them where to go and how to get there and i now give that money to comcast

I really do like the 622 that ive seen in action but it is an "E" version and the hdmi doesnt work at all but dish is lucky cause my buddy doesnt seem too agravated about it
I still sponsor dish similar to ccf christian childrens found, just to complain any chance i get:)
when i thought i succesfully upgraded on feb 1st. im pretty sure i called the special satguys line
just a rant that im sure most of you have heard before

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts