Special Charlie Chat Recap (Midnight Mst)

That's what pisses me off, it's not that loosing the distants is a big deal, although my wife liked to time shift, I am most ticked about CBS HD. I get CBS, NBC, ABC OTA, but our CBS station, even though I get 80 percent signal, at times, it constantly drops out on all TV's. And since the 622 has only one OTA tuner, I am now unable to record CBS and NBC at the same time. So now, one network will have 5 less viewers watching their shows, so I loose and so do they... When things are working, I would much rather watch or record the OTA signal, better quality/picture. Also our CBS station doesn't broadcast Letterman in HD, even though it is available and has been for months. I have called them 10 times, nothing ever gets done about it, so I watched Letterman on CBS-HD.

We lost our channels in the middle of broadcast, my husband was not happy! But our situation is somewhat different in that we do not get distant network channels from outside our broadcast service area. We never had to sign a waiver and we only received the channels that were in our market area. We live about 65 miles outside the DFW metroplex and have only a CBS and NBC station that is considered "local", i.e. within 30 miles of our home. The local Dallas/Ft. Worth stations, CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox, were all removed from our DISH lineup. We did not pay to receive any distant network stations from Atlanta, New York, LA, Chicago,or San Francisco, nor did we want them. We only wanted the DFW stations which were relevant to us, since that is where we live. Well guess what? Now in order to get Fox and ABC, we have to go through All American Direct and what do we get? Distant network stations out of Atlanta and San Francisco, not in our time zone, totally irrelevant news, and the San Francisco station feeds have poor picture quality. Someone please tell me how this has benefited me?

Atalanta is same as C time zone

We lost our channels in the middle of broadcast, my husband was not happy! But our situation is somewhat different in that we do not get distant network channels from outside our broadcast service area. We never had to sign a waiver and we only received the channels that were in our market area. We live about 65 miles outside the DFW metroplex and have only a CBS and NBC station that is considered "local", i.e. within 30 miles of our home. The local Dallas/Ft. Worth stations, CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox, were all removed from our DISH lineup. We did not pay to receive any distant network stations from Atlanta, New York, LA, Chicago,or San Francisco, nor did we want them. We only wanted the DFW stations which were relevant to us, since that is where we live. Well guess what? Now in order to get Fox and ABC, we have to go through All American Direct and what do we get? Distant network stations out of Atlanta and San Francisco, not in our time zone, totally irrelevant news, and the San Francisco station feeds have poor picture quality. Someone please tell me how this has benefited me?

The Atlanta runs the same time schedule that DFW does. That is why you always see the times list on the program as East/Central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)