Special DPP44 switch?

I gotta think your situation is a bad insertor or ac adapter. And like in the other posts above, when you remove the insertor the receiver is then powering the 44. As others have said - this may not be a good situation for long-term reliability, YMMV...

n0qcu said:
That is the way the switches have always worked.
If there is no power to port 1 of the DPP44 it will not work.
When you trunk (not cascade) switches, if the first switch has no power any other switches can't work because the LNB's won't have power either.
do you really have 17 TUNERS in your home?....What may I ask do you use all those receivers for..
you house must have more wiring in it than a telco wire center...

webbydude said:
Back to Randall's post. There is a way to run a DPP44 switch without the power inserter. ALL of the receivers have to be DP. The power from the the DP receivers is enough to power it up.

And yes, I know it's not SUPPOSED to work that way. But guess what...it has and does
really?.....question..If I connect two 625's to a DPP44, I will not need the pwr inserter?

dishcomm said:
really?.....question..If I connect two 625's to a DPP44, I will not need the pwr inserter?

That's what some people have done. Do it at your own risk though as the power inserter is required on port 1.

dishcomm said:

Now I didn't say "will not need the pwr inserter". :p

I'm just stating fact of circumstance that I've seen a few times. As Van posted earlier, you do run the risk of sending your DP receiver to an early grave. But the fact is, the DP style receivers seem to give enough power to the DPP switch w/o a power inserter.

webbydude said:
Now I didn't say "will not need the pwr inserter". :p

I'm just stating fact of circumstance that I've seen a few times. As Van posted earlier, you do run the risk of sending your DP receiver to an early grave. But the fact is, the DP style receivers seem to give enough power to the DPP switch w/o a power inserter.
thta's what I figured..regardless I'm still installiong the EQ to specs...
there are no shortcuts

RandallA said:
Unfortunately I found out the hard way. For a $200 top of the line switch I would have thought that it would at least allow passing through to other switches. I mean the receivers are still connected to the switch, geesh how much power does it need? I just think it's a flaw in design but that's just my two cents.

It needs alot, dish engineering had a hard time with this switch due to its power requirements and it was 6 months delayed from what I had heard. Anyways the power inserter inquestion is the max that they can run through the switch and that the switch will handle so in theory this effectively stalls any further potential for a 5, 6, 7, or 8 sat reception switch that dish could conceive of producing and means that until such a switch is plausible that E will have to work on changes to its birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)