Special request from Turbosat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The best to you and your mom. I lost mine 13 years ago and there's no one like her. You guys will be in my prayers.

Hi folks, back home tonite , feeling better today too. Got somewhat better news from the doctors, who said today that Mom's vitals are better today, and her latest chest xray looked improved, that was definitely good to hear. Your prayers are working, and we are thankful to you all. ^They're thinking this is a condition called BOOP, google it for details, inflammation of the bronchi and passages I think was the main explanation, and it is pretty uncommon but not unheard of. Can follow pneumonia, which is what she had. They're saying she has a better chance of surviving than not.
We're staying hopeful, as she has always been very healthy (and her mom just turned 90 !)
Thanks again everyone.

They're thinking this is a condition called BOOP, google it for details, inflammation of the bronchi and passages
Bronchialitus
Obliterans
Organizing
Pneumonia

BOOP

I have had it, and it is now an ongoing condition brought about by a connective tissue disorder in the same family with Rheumatoid Arthritus and Lupis. My particular disorder was never positively identified, and it comes and goes with me. Arthritus flare-up followed by a few days of coughing up the BOOP.

I was on Prednisone after the first major attack for over a year before my lungs finally cleared up enough where daily non-steroid inhalers keep them clear.

If it is indeed BOOP, she can recover, but it will be a long process.

We will continue to pray for her.

Thanks Linuxman, it was totally new to me, I am sorry you or anyone else has to suffer thru something like this. Lupus/RA was suspected at first in her case, but she went sev weeks with it before it was learned. PM me some details if you can, about how your diagnosis/treatment went.
Thanks again to all.

We're staying hopeful, as she has always been very healthy (and her mom just turned 90 !)
Thanks again everyone.

Grandma's 90 ...... God Bless , that sure is a good sign of longetivity.

I hope your Mom makes a speedy recovery ..........

Last November I lost my Grandmother of 94 whose health was delicate , I was her caretaker for 7 yrs and we were very close ........ 37 years of togetherness and I feel very blessed to have had her , in fact she took care of my Mom when my Mother had a brain aneurism 16 yrs ago.
I know all about overnight hospital stays ..... it's real tough on the body and mind.

It has been forever since I have been on the forums, and turbosat's post was the first I read.
Just to let everyone on here know, I live in Birmingham and turbosat helped me get my fta system going when I was totally clueless about it.
This would suck to read about anyone having to go through, but especially since I know the person and he has helped me out so much.
I hope you and your Mom are ok and I wish her many many more years.
Sincerely,
-phil

Again, many thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers. I have just gotten some more positive news, the "BOOP" was confirmed, and her pulmonologist says she is doing remarkably well. She is still on the prednisone but they have taken her off antibiotics completely today. Also they are supposed to cut back on the breathing assistance some more today, to guage how her lungs are working I guess,earlier today she was on 50%. Post again soon.

Hi everyone, some more news today that mom's latest chest xray showed more improvement, and they decreased the oxygen some more, now on 35% we're told.
Slight fever yesterday, after they had cut the antibiotics, but got that taken care of, she's still getting some antibiotics today. They say they also cut back on the prednisone today also. Many thanks to all who have thought of us, I am feeling better also (for some exercise I went out today and stuck the old 5' cband back on the pole just for a little experimenting, as I have time lol).

Good News!

Mom's awake! They removed the anesthesia Tuesday, vital signs ,eeg and cat scan good but she was not responding to verbal commands. This morning, Wed the 14th she was opening her eyes, trying to move around some in bed. My brother left the hospital at 6 tonite and said she was awake, making eye contact, and took his hand.
They still have the breathing machine connected but she is breathing on her own, with an occasional pump from it. We are all very happy with her progress, and grateful to God, and to all of you for your prayers and kind words. It was a big help to me especially, to get me through this. Thanks again to each of you.

Outstanding! T&P's for ya, Brother Turbosat. Take care of yourself. :up

Just reading your posts brings back memories of travelling back and forth with my Dad before he passed. Thankfully you're not in that situation. :up

Update

Hello friends, sorry for the long delay in updating, it's been a rollercoaster ride, my mother is still fighting this horrible condition in the hospital. Last Friday they took her off the ventilator, she had a couple of good days but began fighting for breath again so they reconnected the machine. She's had some good days since, a couple of down days. They did a tracheostomy Thurs morning, so the breathing tube is inserted in her trachea now, they say it makes it easier to wean them off it. She was sitting up today, dozing lightly while I was there but awake for a little bit. Her vitals are still good, they recently switched to a different antibiotic which seems to have helped her a lot. Currently at noon they had the oxygen at 60% and are lowering it slightly each day. Please continue to pray for her recovery, we are very grateful to all of you.
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)