Special request from Turbosat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very true-I was pleased to get the positive responses, this is the first time I had ever made such a public appeal. I just had a feeling this community was the one to seek out and it has made all the difference. My mom was moved out of the hosp and into a local nursing home today, for a 21 day rehab program, I believe she feels better already just being closer to home and the rural life. And its 7miles for us to visit now, so many more of her friends can visit easily. It's a long road of recovery, I will continue to read those passages mentioned, and to think of all the wonderful friends here who aren't afraid to say "I believe".

Update

Just to let everyone know, my mom is back home tonite, after being in the hospital, and nursing home/rehab since April 27. My last report she was entering the 3wk program for rehab, she made it until 3days left to go there and relapsed. (or developed another problem-I'm not sure which it was even now) She was rushed back to the hospital Jul14 fighting for breath. O2 levels in the 50s when she got to the ER, and back on the ventilator. But only for 2days, thank God. After a week or so of probing and testing they discovered she had developed tracheal stenosis. Described as scar-tissue that overdevelops at the site of the tracheal tube, or where it had been. The scar tissue swells and obstructs the airway causing the breathing difficulty, at times. There's several options to deal with that, one of which is to leave the trach site open permanently, laser surgery, or a complete resection of the scarred area. 2 weeks she will meet with a dr to discuss but I don't think she is going to opt for the more serious surgery at her age.
She's still on O2 and the prednisone for the boop-condition, with the trach-tube reinserted to keep the airway open until she meets with the other drs. She is , somehow, still fairly strong, able to stand for short time with a walker, and looking forward to meeting her new therapist (home health services provides) And I will be working with her for her leg exercises and such also. She coughs a good bit at times, but is otherwise fine, alert, and beginning to eat better. Glad to be home again to see her place, the cat, etc. Hope I am up to the challenges ,especially trying to cook for her, lol.
Thanks to all who have remembered her, and said a prayer for us, this last 3 months have been incredibly tough. We appreciate every one of you.

Glad to hear she is home. I'm sure she feels much more comfortable there. She must be a tough woman! She is lucky to have you.

Turbosat - never met or chatted with you and entirely new at this, but hate to hear of your situation. You can count me in on prayers and best wishes.....................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)