Special Retailer Chat Recap - August 24th, 2009

My Account online gives me the option to add the multi-sports pack. I will get my RSN, professional games will just be blacked out I believe.

I have found that you can watch the end of most of the games as they run over the scheduled times. :)

Last couple nights most games are available sometimes as early as the 7th inning. Plus you get the HD feeds. :D

They are now going over how retailers can advertise the NFL Red Zone channel and what the rules are... For examle you can't mention the words "out of market" or Sunday Ticket in your ads....

So since you cant use "Sunday Ticket" in marketing, may be tough to market it is a alternative to Sunday Ticket?

Last edited:
I have found that you can watch the end of most of the games as they run over the scheduled times. :)

Last couple nights most games are available sometimes as early as the 7th inning. Plus you get the HD feeds. :D

I have noticed it as well, a nice little plus

Hmmm...I was excited for the red zone channel but now have mixed feelings about paying $6/momth for it. I aleady have gold programming so essentially I don't get anything more out of thesports pack besides the red zone channel.

So since you cant use "Sunday Ticket" in marketing, may be tough to market it is a alternative to Sunday Ticket?

Simply use the words "That other expensive football package" instead of "Sunday Ticket".

I really don't get the bruhaha over this channel. I am a football fan and I am a season ticket holder for my beloved (and awful) Bengals. I actually go to every home game and an occasional away game if they play Indy.

Everything on NBC Red Zone will be on ESPNews within MINUTES. CBS and Fox channels in most of the country will have highlights including what is on the Red Zone within SECONDS. And Every sports program will have all the relevant info and video clips that evening.

Am I missing something?

See ya
Tony

So I live in the Philly DMA and subscribe to AEP.

So what additional sports programming would I get besides the NFL Red Zone Channel by adding the Multi-sports package? Dish's website is no help in figuring that out.

Would I get the Big 10 Network that I don't get now?

Thanks,

Bob

So I live in the Philly DMA and subscribe to AEP.

So what additional sports programming would I get besides the NFL Red Zone Channel by adding the Multi-sports package? Dish's website is no help in figuring that out.

Would I get the Big 10 Network that I don't get now?

Thanks,

Bob
Not sure exactly what is in the AEP, but here is what is in the Multi-Sports Pack

MultiSports Package - From DISH Network

From what I'm to understand, blackout rules still apply to the national games. Not sure, but per the list - I think you should be able to get Big Ten Net this way (as well as the NHL and NBA channels.)

Not sure exactly what is in the AEP, but here is what is in the Multi-Sports Pack

MultiSports Package - From DISH Network

From what I'm to understand, blackout rules still apply to the national games. Not sure, but per the list - I think you should be able to get Big Ten Net this way (as well as the NHL and NBA channels.)

You mean I get all of the channels listed?

Is so, sign me up!

Doubt it. I don't think absolutes can add the multi-sport pack.
That's correct. That was supposed to be what would lure Absolute customers to either a Turbo pack or a SD + HD pack (the ability to add the RSNs). Think the moral of the story is to get red zone then you need at LEAST either: Classic Silver + Multi-Sports pack or [strike]Turbo Silver + multi-sports pack.[/strike]

Edit: Scratch that, I am more than willing to bet that it won't be available unless you have classic programming silver or higher (regardless if you are subbed to the MSP). After re-reading the other topic on this... I think this is another FoxNews or MTV...

Simply use the words "That other expensive football package" instead of "Sunday Ticket".

I really don't get the bruhaha over this channel. I am a football fan and I am a season ticket holder for my beloved (and awful) Bengals. I actually go to every home game and an occasional away game if they play Indy.

Everything on NBC Red Zone will be on ESPNews within MINUTES. CBS and Fox channels in most of the country will have highlights including what is on the Red Zone within SECONDS. And Every sports program will have all the relevant info and video clips that evening.

Am I missing something?

See ya
Tony

If you are missing something then so am I...I totally agree with you...its not worth the 5.99 to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)