(Speculation) Timetrax went out of business

Albert123

Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Ok, that didn't require too much thought. A little common sense and Occam's Razor says Timetrax went out of business.

Here are a few guesses why.

1. Perhaps they are being sued by Sirius, XM and/or RIAA. Remember, they don't have to lose in court. Whenever someone sues, they have to make numerous appearances in court, each time paying their lawyers an arm and a leg. Sirius, XM and RIAA have deep pockets. Maybe Timetrax simply got tired.

2. Perhaps Timetrax wasn't selling that well. While I think the technology is awesome, I don't know how useful it is for the common person. Sirius and XM already have radios that can record. True, they can't split the files, but I'm not sure the average user cares. Also, for XM, Total Recorder can record off the streaming bitstream and split up the files and save them with the correct names. Maybe they (Total Recorder) are on the verge of releasing something similar for Sirius.

Last edited:
We could speculate all day of what happened to TimeTrax, but instead we give the TimeTrax a stage to the world to set the record straight.

Lets hope they choose to use this stage we have set for them.

Hopefully TimeTrax will respond.

Personally I think TimeTrax sold out. They were offered a carrot (money) and shown a stick (protracted legal battle) and told to make a choice.

What I want to know is will TT still function if they quit? I know TT does not run unless it can connect to their server, if the site goes away then TT will shut down after a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts