Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You might have noticed that we are having some speed issues. I have checked both of our servers (and even rebooted both of them) and all is fine.

It looks like the Speed issue is at our ISP and nothing with our servers, DBSTalk is also on the same ISP and seems to be having the same issues.

I have filed a ticket with our ISP.

Thanks for your patience! :D

Scott, thnaks for keeping us up to date. I had reset my DSL connections and run a speed test. Pages would load halfway, then stop. Glad you were able to identify the location of the problem.

You know it's bad when you spend more time in the Operations Center than in the satellite forums. Everyone is going to be thinking "g00ns" everytime the Internet goes "boo" for the next few months...

Yup but I will do my best to try staying on top of things. :)

The G00N's thing was poor timing, if I would have been around it would have been fixed much sooner.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DBSTalk is also on the same ISP and seems to be having the same issues.

It appears that DBSTalk has died entirely. I can't get any page to load.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Same here, it was coming up earlier.

I was in the middle of something over there when it just stopped. Strange that this site didn't go off at the same time. Must be a separate problem.

Yup, before our site was crawling and so was DBSTalk.

I was logged into both servers and out server load on both servers was about 0.05 (which is REALLY good!)

Just to make sure it wasnt our servers I rebooted all of them. When it came back the same problem existed. I did a tracert to our site and the other site and the big slowdown for both sites was when it was handed to our ISP.

As I check now our tracert's look good to both sites, and the fact that I am able to ping both sites shows me that DBSTalk is having some kind of server issue (httpd not running?) hard for me to say.

just hope they are not getting visited by the g00ns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts