Spike TV Star Wars Marathon!!!

Think this scene:
esb_luke73.jpg

Also, if you are a fan of Lost, Hurley spilled the beans on this 30 year old spoiler this week.
How is this a spoiler. Everybody knows
he is Luke's father.

Unless you were just joking???

Last edited:
The reason we were avoiding saying that is one poster early in the thread said he'd never seen any of the movies.

I have no idea as to whether or not he knew that major detail but to assume he had because 'everyone knows Star Wars' is a bit small minded. It would have been nice to let him watch the movies as the rest of us did.

I planned to just tape the older ones, but got myself caught watching Ep. 3 again. I hadn't seen it since the theater release, and was surprised by how much I still liked it. Wasn't really that much commercial activity by Spike.

I did an ad hoc evaluation on the Viacom channels last week and found that they play about 19 minutes of commercials per hour.

That's pretty standard. When you watch an hour show such as Lost online without commercials, it is about 42 minutes long (usually runs a good minute over). I noticed on Spike, though, they would run about 7 minutes of show followed by about 3 minutes of commercials, which really broke the movie up. I would have preferred longer movie runs followed by longer commercial runs (my kid was watching it live so I was sucked in!)

Could somebody record the Star Wars movies from spike in hd and put them as torrents on the internet? I've seen it with other shows or sports.

Heretic

I prefer the 16:9 that Spike broadcasts. Yes, get your pitchforks, you cinema purists, but I paid for 512 square inches of display, and I want to use it. I grew up watching Star Wars on VHS and broadcast, "reformatted to fit your screen." When I was a teenager, I saw them in the theaters. I also recently rented e4/5/6 on widescreen (2.35:1) DVD for my 9 year old to experience for the first time.

You know what I got from the cinematic aspect ratio? Nothing. Not a darned thing was missed. The black bars at the top and bottom of the screen are far more distracting than the extra 33% of STAR FIELDS and TAPESTRIES on the ends of the screen are worth. Same thing for Dances with Wolves, Blade Runner, Miami Vice, and friggin' TRON.

I like the way USA, Spike, and others "mutilate the [fat-headed] director's vision" so that I get the important stuff, and don't waste power drawing black bars with my LCD. I pray for a time when the Sony Superbit DVD comes back; 720*576 anamorphic frame size @24FPS, using the full 9Mb/s on 8.5GB dual-layer DVDs. Screw this $200-300 BD player that requires an ethernet connection; my $100 DVD recorder upconverts just fine, thank you.

Each to his own but to me that is a statement of a heretic. Oh BTW I forgot to bring the pitchfork when I last moved. :D

Each to his own but to me that is a statement of a heretic. Oh BTW I forgot to bring the pitchfork when I last moved. :D
Which part, the "Panavision is for Tools" or the "Blu-ray isn't worth it" comment? ;) I'm just hoping you sold the torch when you moved, too.
Can someone break the law for me please? :rolleyes:
To hskr: Talk like that will get your account locked up. Join Netflix for a mongh, learn how to use Gordian Knot, and keep the rest to yourself.

OAR

Which part, the "Panavision is for Tools" or the "Blu-ray isn't worth it" comment? ;) I'm just hoping you sold the torch when you moved, too.

To hskr: Talk like that will get your account locked up. Join Netflix for a mongh, learn how to use Gordian Knot, and keep the rest to yourself.

The OAR comment. I agree w/ BR being too high. I really wish $ony would've taken it in the pants on this.
Damn and I can't find a lighter or the matches. I guess that's what I get for not being a smoker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts