Spirit Replaces Familyland

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
In the May 2007 SkyAngel Guide it is announce that Spirit Television will replace Familyland effective May 2, 2007.

Teenzone will be returning to the time slot on KTV that Spirit Television was using. My opinion is that Teenzone is just a duplication of TVU. I would much rather see them turn Teenzone into a movie time geared toward the youth.

I'm so glad Spirit is returning. I just wish they didn't have to get rid of FamilyLand. I'm not Catholic, but we watched a lot of their Westerns, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Ozzie & Harriet, Bonanza, etc... It seemed to always be VERY family-orientated. I will miss that station.

How do they decide which station to replace? Too bad they couldn't have chosen a less family-friendly station.

~MYB~

I didn't know if their might be a chance of FamilyLand being moved to a different channel since Spirit will be on 9717, I emailed Sky Angel the other day and still have not received a response. So, I emailed FamilyLand this morning and they replied back saying:

"Yes, that's correct. Familyland will be off of Sky Angel starting May 2nd.
Sky Angel feels that Familyland programming "does not adequately benefit"
their overall programming package."

Hmmm.....but the special secular channels do "adequately benefit" their overall programming package."

~MYB~

They are most likely trying to get rid of the overlap. Various channels show the same programming.

Smoke and mirros from SA again

I don't even let my kids watch the Teen shows on ktv. SKY angel is just using smoke and mirros to disguise the fact that we lost yet another channel! I would rather have family land and no, I am not catholic.

spirit at night was more than enough for me. if they want to bring back spirit they should have kept FL and given spirit their own channel

so now lifetimers have lost :
daystar,
3abn,
hall mark
hallmark movie
fox news and
family land

have I missed any?

Add...

FamilyNet > No Liberty Network is not the same thing.
Golden Eagle Broadcasting
World Harvest TV
Fe TV
INSP
Gospel Music TV

I could go on... many of these were replaced with channels lifetimers will no longer get as part of their lifetime subscription.

I AM Catholic (or at least I was) and I really liked this channel! I am going to miss it.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts