Split HD to Two HDTVs

redman042

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Folsom, California (95630)
I'm planning to build a theater room with an HD projector and 100" screen. Our ViP 622 is downstairs connected to a 50" DLP. When I get this theater built (sometime towards the end of this year), I want to split the HD feed for TV1 and send a branch upstairs to the theater room, so we can watch our HD recordings on the huge screen. I do not want a second 622 box for this, because we want to manage everything in one place.

Has anyone managed to accomplish such a thing? I am not up to speed on the latest and greatest HDMI boxes, switchers, and transmitters, but from what I can tell, I will need to wait for Wireless HDMI to hit the streets, and it's just around the corner.

But once I have that, I should be able to pull it off, right? I'll just keep the 622 in single TV mode and use the UHF remote to control it.

Easy, I run my plasma off of the component output of the 622 close by and the LCD in my bedroom via a 30 foot HDMI cable.

I also use the RF out to 2 other non HDTVs, one of which is over 100 feet away in my workshop and still get a nice signal. I ran another coax from the UHF remote antenna port outside and mounted the little remote antenna on the side of the house so I can use an additional remote out in the shop.

FYI, I tried using an HDMI splitter to run both off the HDMI port, it worked OK but sometimes when the LCD was turned off and then back on it would not have audio.

I run my Blu-Ray player, HD-DVD player ,Dish622 and Starchoice DSR505 into a four gang component switch then feed the outlet from the switch into a component video and audio distribution amp and feed three rooms with the signal. The picture and audio is fine in each room. The longest run is 100 feet.

not sure about the wireless hdmi, I doubt I would go that route. Check out monoprice.com, they have unbeatable prices for high-end video cables. I'm doing the same thing with a 100' component w/ audio cable I just got from them, and it works just fine. I got the better RG6 quad shield cable. I then use an HDMI-to-DVI cable to my local TV where the receiver is, I also got this cable from them for only 4 bucks. If you absolutely need to go outdoor you better do some research and find some outdoor rated cable, or you could even run your own RG6 outdoor cable and install RCA ends on both sides. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)