splitter combiner question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Will this work?
I have a way to get my R10 mirrored from my bedroom into my living room into my HDTV set so that I can use the split screen function for football purposes. But the cable I'll mirror it through is currently being used by my OTA (I'm using rabbit ears on my fence because, in my location, I can pick up 10 different networks and want to be able to easily access my antenna to redirect it as needed). It's easy enough for me to get up off the couch and unplug the OTA, plug in the mirrored cable, and then move the cable from the satellite receiver to the TV(or vice versa, depending on if I want to watch OTA or the mirrored receiver). I'm doing this now and it works fine. The mirrored signal from my R10 actually looks pretty good (all things considered).
My question is, can I use a combiner to combine the mirrored signal from the R10 with the OTA antenna, and then a splitter to split them out again (one into the satellite receiver {the OTA antenna signal, theoretically} and one into the TV {the mirrored R10 signal, theoretically})? Or are splitters/combiners meant to carry a DBS signal instead of a split signal that's on a coax which is coming OUT of a receiver?
I hope I'm making this idea clear. It's a little weird, I know, but would save me about 45 seconds everytime I want to switch the signals.
Satellite
|
R10--split----->bedroom
|
split
|
combined with OTA----------->split to TV and receiver

A bit of a do-it-your-selfer hack job, I know, but it's fun for me to tackle these things on my own rather than just going the easy route and having someone else do it for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)