Splitter Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
Here is my setup.I have 3 TVs and a cable modem for internet access.I noticed the cable guy used the old set up I had when I had a dish and had a cable run from my dish unit in our bedroom to my sons room so he could use our dish receiver to watch TV in his room.Outside now he has a three way splitter with one going directly to the living room tv and one going to the cable modem and one comming in our bedroom and a two way splitter and it leads to my sons tv.Would there be any advantage of having a 2 way splitter with one going directly to the modem and the second cable going to a three way splitter to use on the three tvs.The reason I ask is that sometimes the reception on the third tv is not as good as the others.Would there be any advantage to getting an amplified splitter for the tv side.I think I read somewhere it's not good to run the modem cable through an amp.I knows this sound confusing but I'm just wanting to get the best cable and internet service possible.Thank for any info! overtimeman :confused:

You would not save any signal on that third tv. Because already its going through a 2way and a three way right? So if it went through a two way then three way outside it would be the same...

You would not save any signal on that third tv. Because already its going through a 2way and a three way right? So if it went through a two way then three way outside it would be the same...

Exactly!

If anything, your installer should have used a DC-6 or DC-9, with the 6 or 9 down going to the modem, and then feed the 3-way splitter with the leg that didn't drop in signal. Essentially having all 4 runs homeran to a common location.

OK,you lost me now.Could you explain what you mean by DC-6 and DC-9.Then I could tell the cable guy what needs to be done.At least I will know what I'm sorta talking about.Thanks, overtimeman.:hatsoff:

If the cable guy does not know what to do, Speak to his supervisor.. Just tell him the problem he should be able to figure out the best situation to fix your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)