Splitter selection

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
Hello all..

What type/model of splitter do you recommend for a rooftop antenna?
My Tivo/TV dramatically loses channels when I use an RCA splitter that was sitting in a box for years.
I would be splitting to 2 TV's...

Thanks all!

Mark

Last edited:
Hello all..

What type/model of splitter do you recommend for a rooftop antenna?
My Tivo/TV dramatically loses channels when I use an RCA splitter that was sitting in a box for years.
I would be splitting to 2 TV's...

Thanks all!

Mark

What’s the coax length from the antenna to the splitter, and from the splitter to the TV(s) ?

From the antenna to the splitter is about 10' . And from the splitter to the TV;s is about 20' each
Question: What is the difference tween a 5MHz -1 GHz & 5MHz - 2.GHz splitter ?

Mark

Last edited:
From the antenna to the splitter is about 10' . And from the splitter to the TV;s is about 20' each
Question: What is the difference tween a 5MHz -1 GHz & 5MHz - 2.GHz splitter ?

Mark

For that short of a distance, a Rocketfish 2 or 3-way splitter from Best But would work. That’s what I use.

Thanks

So my TV signal does not like the RCA DT2SP 2-way splitter. Which is 5 MHz - 1GHz and discontinued. Would I get a better signal with the 2 GHZ.

Mark

So not trying to flog a dead horse. And I know the graphic here is very simple:
Can I install a Power Pass Splitter? Coaxial #1 from Mast Amplifier to Power Pass IN on splitter. Coaxial #2 from OUT /Power Pass to Power Inserter. Power Inserter to Tivo Bolt/TV 1. Coaxial #3 from Power Pass OUT to TV 2.

Thanks again
Mark

splitter.jpg

The problem is probably either signal strength or a bad splitter.

Please post a TVFool.com report so we can assess the signal strengths you receive at your location.

A splitter is a simple device and most work about the same, expensive ones are not that much better than cheap ones.

The difference would only be noticed if your signal is near the digital cliff.

OTA now tops out at 692MHz and will soon collapse to 608MHz so chasing after a 2GHz splitter is not likely to bear any fruit.

I'd go with a splitter that only passes power through one leg rather than all legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)