Splitter will not work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lamonicas

Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Ohio
:confused:First of all let me say Hi. I am new to the site. Here is my problem. I have two dual channel receivers so that I can watch 4 diff tv's at once. I remodeled my basement and I want to split the coax runs to 4 tv's in the basement. I know that I can only watch the same 4 sat. channels as the upstairs, that is fine. For example I want to split the coax so that the Tv in the Barroom is the same as the Tv in the MB and the Tv in the gameroom is the same as the Tv in the guest room. The tv's upstairs are set on 4 diff channels. ( TV1-3 ) ( TV2- 21 ) ( TV1-4 ) ( TV2-22 ) The problem is that the tv's downstairs will only work when I hook them to the split signal from a sat receiver using channel 3 or channel 4 ( The number you set your Tv to ) What is going on? I am just using regular splitters that have 1 input and 2 outputs. Can you guys help me? :confused:
Thanks.

Thanks. But I am not using any other form of antenna or off/on air signal. I have uhf remotes and they work fine. When I switch the coax going to the splitter from a channel 21 signal to a channel 3 signal and route this to the Tv and set the Tv on channel 3 it works just fine. When I try a coax from a channel 21 source and set the Tv to channel 21 I just get snow. :(
Thanks.

The Tv's downstairs are set to antenna which is where I have the coax cable hooked to. That is the same way that the Tv's upstairs are set. I did notice that the Tv in the MB will not show anything but snow. I did not do anything but put a splitter in each line to the diff Tv's. The cable is all new (RG-6) and the cable in the basement is all new(RG-6). The cable comes from my receiver and was barrel connected to the cable to the Tv. I took out the barrel and put in a splitter and it won't work.

Last edited:
Some televisions will not tune the channels on the same modulator channel the receiver is set on. Try doing a channel scan on the television. Make sure the receiver and television are both set on the same analog or cable setting.

:confused:First of all let me say Hi. I am new to the site. Here is my problem. I have two dual channel receivers so that I can watch 4 diff tv's at once. I remodeled my basement and I want to split the coax runs to 4 tv's in the basement. I know that I can only watch the same 4 sat. channels as the upstairs, that is fine. For example I want to split the coax so that the Tv in the Barroom is the same as the Tv in the MB and the Tv in the gameroom is the same as the Tv in the guest room. The tv's upstairs are set on 4 diff channels. ( TV1-3 ) ( TV2- 21 ) ( TV1-4 ) ( TV2-22 ) The problem is that the tv's downstairs will only work when I hook them to the split signal from a sat receiver using channel 3 or channel 4 ( The number you set your Tv to ) What is going on? I am just using regular splitters that have 1 input and 2 outputs. Can you guys help me? :confused:
Thanks.

Old or new, TV's have antenna settings. The two basic source choices are "cable" and "air/antenna".

Your TV's are picking up the channels 3 and 4 from the "cable" antenna setting and they will receive the others if you changed the setting to the "antenna/air" setting from the TV's menu. To see any of them on a given TV without having to switch inputs, you need to set the TV2 outputs to cable channels.

Your solution is to use cable 73 cable on one TV2 and say 78 on the other. Your TVs are already on the "cable" setting so setting the TV2 outputs to cable output channels will allow them all to work using just one setting.

Also, have you considered using single mode operation?

Thanks to everyone. I set the Tv's to antenna for the high channels and it worked fine. I should of read the manual.
Thanks again. I will have more questions in the future. You guys are great.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)