Splitter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sunspot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Centreville, Alabama
What do I use to feed two outlets in the same room? My wife likes to rearange the bedroom a lot and I would like to have two outlets. I will only be using one outlet at a time. I have a Dish network splitter with one side DC pass and the other DC blocked. I also have a generic Digital 2 way splitter 5-2300MHz-all ports power pass.
TIA

The 2 way both port power passive splitter will work if the frequency range is what you stated. I have installed many customers this way for the wife to arange her furniture. You may need the phone line at both locations if you want or need it.

Paul

What proelect said is 100% true with the caveat: only one of the outlets from the splitter in use at any time.

I hooked it up and I have some loss of video quality. I use name brand compresson fittings and RG6 coax swept tested to 3000 Mhz. The lenght of run did not increase.
Would an inline amplifier help? I have an Aska LA-9520 20dB 950-2400MHz.:hungry:

Are you splitting the a/v output from the receiver? If so then it may be an issue with the splitter, coax, or wall plate barrel and possibly a connection that is corrupt.

I have a 522 and I am using the TV2 outlet with a 50' run of the same coax that is used from the dish, 100' away from the reciever. I did not use a wall connector barrel. It may well be the splitter.
Where can I buy a good quality splitter?

sunspot said:
I have a 522 and I am using the TV2 outlet with a 50' run of the same coax that is used from the dish, 100' away from the reciever. I did not use a wall connector barrel. It may well be the splitter.
Where can I buy a good quality splitter?

dishstore.net

Based on the initial information I was assuming you were trying to split the satellite signal to two outlets, not the RF signal from a receiver in another room.

There are lots of reason to see loss of quality, every time you split an RF signal you lose a little bit, any less than perfect connectors can introduce interference. With TV2 from a DishPro dual tuner receiver, you have many options for what channel to output on, experiment and see if that helps. As an example I found that cable channels in the 100-110 range work better for me than the OTA 21-69 range because the cable channels are at a lower frequency.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts