Splitting HDMI Signal Or Something To Hook Up Second TV??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tigerfan33 said:
Same here. 50" hdmi cable with a splitter. Either you get a signal or you don't. There is down rez.
Mine works fine.:)

Edit: This should read: There is NO down rez.
Sorry.:)

Like I mentioned earlier, HDMI splitters don't always work. Sometimes there are handshake issues.
Certainly possible, but I would like to state that I have been using a splitter for my outside TV since this past football season with no issues whatsoever. I would not hesitate to recommend a splitter from monoprice to do what he is wanting.

(of course a new box in the living room would have more capabilities).

Certainly possible, but I would like to state that I have been using a splitter for my outside TV since this past football season with no issues whatsoever. I would not hesitate to recommend a splitter from monoprice to do what he is wanting.

I wouldn't either. They are very generous with their return policies, too. I just wanted to give a heads up in case there were any issues.

Hi Guys,

I ended up going the component cable route yeserday--found 25' at a local surplus place (new) for under $15. I can't tell the difference in pq betwen te 2 sets. Since I already had the audio cables from the old set up it wasn't muchof a hasse to run the new cables. Thanks to all that replied--you guys are the best!!

Hi Guys,

I ended up going the component cable route yeserday--found 25' at a local surplus place (new) for under $15. I can't tell the difference in pq betwen te 2 sets. Since I already had the audio cables from the old set up it wasn't muchof a hasse to run the new cables. Thanks to all that replied--you guys are the best!!

Glad your solution worked out. FYI, I have a splitter on my HDMI output (10' to Living Room, 45' to Bedroom) and also use the component out to transfer recordings from my DVR to my PC. No loss of pq on any of them. So, if you want another TV added you can use the splitter (and the only ones I've heard of that had problems with a splitter is not using a powered one).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)