Splitting signal *after* reciever?

danie906

Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
I have been thinking about how to setup the 522. If I understand what I have read in the forums... if I get "two" drops to the receiver at the main TV using a single line and a DP separator from the DP34 switch, I should be able to diplex the TV2 out back into one of the incoming sat lines.
Questions:
1) How do I put the TV2 out signal back out of the single line back at the DP34? I am guessing another diplexer at the switch? If this is not possible, I will just run another drop to the receiver for the TV2 out.
2) Is it possible to split the TV out signal from (any) receiver with a standard 54-1000MHz splitter? I am thinking of using the 522 UHF remote to change the channel at multiple TVs throught the house.

Thanks. I am learning a lot from you guys!

Jeff

danie906 said:
I have been thinking about how to setup the 522. If I understand what I have read in the forums... if I get "two" drops to the receiver at the main TV using a single line and a DP separator from the DP34 switch, I should be able to diplex the TV2 out back into one of the incoming sat lines.
Questions:
1) How do I put the TV2 out signal back out of the single line back at the DP34? I am guessing another diplexer at the switch? If this is not possible, I will just run another drop to the receiver for the TV2 out.
2) Is it possible to split the TV out signal from (any) receiver with a standard 54-1000MHz splitter? I am thinking of using the 522 UHF remote to change the channel at multiple TVs throught the house.

Jeff

Im not sure about number 1 but for number 2 the answer is yes. I have a reciever at each tv with the 522's tv2 out hooked into the Analog in.. that way i can watch anything the 522 has recorded anywhere in the house when i turn off the recievers. basicly you will jsut hook the coax into all the tvs after the split and tune to the appropriate channel and you will have feed from the reciever's tv2 out.

danie906 said:
Questions:

Jeff
As mentioned in the other thread, the DP34 will NOT drive a DPPlus Separator. A DPP Twin LNBF (not yet available) or a DPP44 switch is required.

That being said, if you were going to diplex the TV2 output back up towards the switch, the diplexer would have to be closer to the switch than the Separator. Then, the other diplexer is placed near the switch - or wherever you need to break out the TV2 signal.

Of course, you can diplex one of the standard DP feeds to the 522 in a similar fashion.

Ah Ha! Thanks. You rock. The separators only work with DP Plus. I see. But you are saying I could still diplex the TV2 out signal on one of the two drops from the DP34. That is easy enough.

So, the DP Twin LNB has the SW21 built in, right? So I only really need to run one coax line to the DP34? Is there any reason to connect both LNBs (each has one output) to the DP34?

You would need to run both lines from the Twin LNBF to the 34 Switch. The switch will take control from that point. Diplex as necessary.

Welcome aboard Mr. Jingles!

danie906: He's right - you still have to run both lines from the DP Twin to the DP34. The switch will force one feed to be 119, and the other to be 110 so any of the outputs can see either bird. As for the switch built into the Twin, you could think of it as a DP22 (which doesn't exist as a stand-alone device).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts