splitting signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

madcow

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
is it possible to split a dish sig with splitter to use fta at the sametime? when i do this i can only i can only watch one at a time, but not both. i guess it comes down 2 receivers w/ one wire.

any suggestions

I assume you currently have a Dish subscribed box ?

Simple answer is no you cannot split the signal. If you had a FTA signal (KU band), it is possible but only one box would control polarity

I tried it once to see if I could get NASA on the FTA box and it didn’t work

yes its a subbed box........so i can only use one at a time. will a/b switch work so i don't have keep plugging/unplugging? thanks for the help.

If you decide to try an A/B switch, make sure it doesn't suck like mine does. Preferably a newer A/B switch. Not some old Rat Shack or "un-Realistic" brand. (Realistic was a Rat Shack brand)

If i'm not mistaken, you should just be able to use a standard A/B switch to avoid the plugging and unplugging of things. Just make sure that when you are running item "A", don't try to turn on item "b" and flip with item "a" being electrified. Turn things off before flipping.

I use an A/B switch to go between my CS 4000 or my PC FTA card. This is extremly important cause my FTA PC card SUX balls on moving the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)