Sports on FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Right now I have a fixed dish on G10R and can get the Cardinals and Royals baseball. What else is up there in the way of sports on the other satellites (Baseball and football, pro and college/preseason stuff)? My dad is a real sports fan and I was wondering if it would be worth while to set up a system for him. He lives and breaths baseball and football. Of course he also likes hockey, basketball, and of course, Nascar.

NASCAR is usually scrambled

word of suggestion...M O T O R :)

Minor league baseball is on alot. Had 2 games last night (one on AMC3 and one on AMC9)
Once college football starts, oh man.....lots on there :)

Iceberg is right about the fall football. But you may want to invest in an analog receiver if you do not have one yet. Not every feed has gone digital, yet.

Most pro sports do not have FTA backhauls, but there are several FOX affiliates FTA that carry MLB and NFL games. NASCAR backhauls are encrypted, but there are plenty of FOX stations and NBC network feeds available on C and Ku FTA channels There is tons of college sports on FTA if you are willing to take the time to scan for them. A few of us are big college hockey fans and there are plenty of games on the weekends. If you want my opinion (for what it's worth) I think it would be a worthy investment to set your Dad up with an FTA system providing that you are willing to spend the money for quality equipment and he learns how to use it.

newguy said:
Right now I have a fixed dish on G10R and can get the Cardinals and Royals baseball. What else is up there in the way of sports on the other satellites (Baseball and football, pro and college/preseason stuff)?
There are some Rangers and Devil Ray games, plus you get the extra Fox games (baseball and NFL) and the extra CBS (NFL). There were some college football games last year (plus more ABC regional games), and some college basketball over the winter. And that's all just from the OTA broadcast channels on G10R.

Iceberg said:
an analog receiver is a must for the true sports junkie :)

Where can I get an analog receiver? All I can find are digital. What are some of the brand names for them? Can they be connected together with my Pansat2500?
I do plan to get a motorized setup in the future when the budget allows.
I know that G10 shows the Cardinal games, do they also show the Rams. Since we are not far from St. Louis, they are the favorites.

Best bet for an analog receiver is used (check E-Bay, thrift stores, and garage sales)... try to get one locally to avoid shipping. Good ones are General Instrument, Drake, Houston Tracker... there are more. They'll probably have "Videocipher II" on them, this was (is) the analog encryption system. This will have no bearing on FTA channels.

The analog receiver can be connected to the IF loop through of the digital FTA receiver. Be sure to use a DC block between the analog and digital receivers.

Tron said:
Best bet for an analog receiver is used (check E-Bay, thrift stores, and garage sales)... try to get one locally to avoid shipping. Good ones are General Instrument, Drake, Houston Tracker... there are more. They'll probably have "Videocipher II" on them, this was (is) the analog encryption system. This will have no bearing on FTA channels.
QUOTE]

Thanks guys for all the help.

Looks like the hunt is on. :eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts