Sports Pack Info

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
I did a search on this question and couldn't find the answer so here it is: I know that at one time I saw a link posted to a website that showed what regional sports channels you would get based on your dma. Could someone please post that link again?

Maybe I should clarify my message more. I am looking for the link that shows what teams claim an area to broadcast in. If I was to subscribe to the sports pack, I want to know what Major League games would not be blacked out. EG - I live in NW PA. I want to know if I will be able to see Indians games, Pirate games, Sabres, and Penguins. (okay so the last 2 may never happen :D ) I know at one time someone posted a link for a website that showed this info based on your zip code. Thats what I'm looking for. There were 2 links one for E* and one for D*.

Just curious on the team zip code lists. How is it that if your zip is in the 967, 968 or so range you can pick up so many teams? Dodgers, Giants, A's, Angels and so on. I want this zip code area! Where is it and how do they qualify for so many teams? Thanks

I finally realized what some people we're talking about and now I know why it's so ridiculous

There are actually regions that a zip code has access to a certain team on an RSN, but the RSN is not provided by dish in that zip code as their Regional Nets, so if they wanted to watch those games, they'd actully have to add the sports pack.

The example I found this for was NESN in fairfield county, CT. The teams on NESN are part of that area, but dish doesn't provide NESN to that area in the AT60 Plus and up package. Really dumb...

BFG said:
I finally realized what some people we're talking about and now I know why it's so ridiculous

There are actually regions that a zip code has access to a certain team on an RSN, but the RSN is not provided by dish in that zip code as their Regional Nets, so if they wanted to watch those games, they'd actully have to add the sports pack.

The example I found this for was NESN in fairfield county, CT. The teams on NESN are part of that area, but dish doesn't provide NESN to that area in the AT60 Plus and up package. Really dumb...
It's worse than that. Because of whatever contracts Dish has signed with the various Fox Sports Nets, you will *not* necessarily get to see all of the MLB teams that your ZIP qualifies for, even if you have Multi-Sport. For instance, ZIPs 967 - 968 is included in the "home area" for 6 teams, but with Dish you are only going to see the Angels and Mariners, even with Multi-Sport. (With DirecTV and the Sports Pack you will also see Dodgers, A's, and Giants. So far neither company carries the Padres because they are on a cable-only channel.)

What also sucks is that if you buy MLB EI to see the Giants / A's / Dodgers, those games will be blacked out, since you are in their "home area".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts