Sports Pack questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
Since Comcast took over the Chicago market for sports (Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, etc), I have not had a Fox Sports Net station. (which up till now has been fine with me) However, the Oregon/Illinois game will be on Fox Sports Net on Saturday. (go Illini!!) So I debated on whether or not to spend the extra $12/mo and get the sports package. I finally agreed and pushed the button a little while ago.

Of course just about everything is blacked out in my area. (NBA games, NHL games, etc) Does this mean that in order to watch the Oregon/Illinois game I will need to purchase the ESPN Full Court package?? Do they also block out the MLB games so you're forced to buy the MLB sports package? (I'm guessing yes since the only baseball teams listed for my zip code are the Cubs, Cardinals, and White Sox) What is the purpose of the sports package if I can't watch anything but infomercials and pregame crap? It sounded so promising yet now I wish I'd spent the money and just bought the ESPN Full Court package. Thanks!

Stan

Chances are very good that you will be able to see the Illinois game as most college games are not blacked out. All Pro games will be blacked out unless you subscribe to the package for that sport.

The reason that I have the sports pack is because I am a soccer fan and I can get FSC and GOL TV. I have no idea why a non soccer fan would get it.

All Pro games will be blacked out unless you subscribe to the package for that sport.

This is not true, I am in Ohio, outside of the Detroit market, seeing D* won't give me FS Detroit as my RSN.

I am paying for the Sports Pack and I DO get the Red Wing games, now that could be different for the different sports, I think the individual leagues have a lot to do with what games you get.

I just wish that seeing I am paying for the FS package that when a game is in HD that it too would be available.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Yeah, I really hope they don't block it out. I did notice they had 2 CBS games on there today. On my local CBS channel they were showing the Texas/Duke game, but I was able to get the Oklahoma State/Gonzaga feed on channel 617. Though right now they have blacked out the Cincinnati/Vanderbilt game on 630/632. So I guess it's hit or miss with the college basketball feeds. The Illinois/Oregon game seems to be on all the Fox Sports Net stations tonight, so hopefully it'll be open for me to watch. Thanks!

Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts