Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Its been awhile, so I need a refresher.

Sports pack gives me all the RSN's (subject to blackout) for $12.99?

Other than that, I punch in my zip on the D* site and it shows me the one or two I get without the pack?

Thanks

Seems like I have seen where some people will get the spots pack for mostly football and basketball season. I think a lot of college football and basketball are not blacked out as much as the pros on the rsn.

They arent. I have sports pack last year and it wasnt bad, I did find most of my games were already on Major TV.

I wish ESPN game plan was HD, itd be the better bet. For $109 though, its not so hot because some of the games in sd just plain suck.

True. I will never pay extra for sd. EVER.

Hd is another story.:)

Man, some of the Game Plan games were so bad even my wife complained!

I have Game Plan in 05 and 06, had Sports Pack in 07. Guess Ill go with Sports Pack again.

For the college basketball fan, and not just a Duke/ACC fan like me, the Sports Pack is a must. Once the Devils wipe their opponents off the floor at 7:00pm, I can switch over to the BTN and catch some good hard-nosed physical hoops, and then round out my evening with some fast-paced, overrated west coast ball. Every night essentially is a smörgåsbord of hoops action. :hungry:

For the college basketball fan, and not just a Duke/ACC fan like me, the Sports Pack is a must. Once the Devils wipe their opponents off the floor at 7:00pm, I can switch over to the BTN and catch some good hard-nosed physical hoops, and then round out my evening with some fast-paced, overrated west coast ball. Every night essentially is a smörgåsbord of hoops action. :hungry:

Did you forget to mention the Big East? :eek: GO HUSKIES!!!:p

If the games are not blacked out (college football or basketball), are most in hd???

Great post! On another thread folks are questioning the BTN. Can't believe it. Fantastic, especially during BB season. But yes, Sportspack is fantastic for BB!!

When you factor in the ESPN coverage of the "big match-ups" (ACC, Big East, Big 10/11, etc) plus what you can get from the various RSN's and BTN, you really do get a very large lineup of "free and clear" games. Of course not EVERY game is available and some are blacked out, but there is usually a live college basketball game available for viewing just about any night on any of the combined networks in the SportsPack from January 1st on through the first weekend in March. And if I recall from last season, a good chunk of the FSN coverage was in HD. And more HD is expected this year, and more next year, etc.

I used to buy the Full Court package, but realized that as a Duke fan living the ACC territory, it didn't necessarily get me more Duke games (2 total games that weren't otherwise available locally anyway), but it did give me a huge pool of other conferences that I might not see, such as the so called mid-majors that don't have huge national television partnership deals. So Full Court would be good for following you school if you happen to live out of market, but nowadays, there is plenty of other quality basketball available for just the regular $10/month for the Sports Pack

Sports pack gives me all the RSN's (subject to blackout) for $12.99?

Just to be fair, they treat it as a premium network.

So the first is $12, then $11, Then $10, etc.

So if you already have a premium or two, it will be less.

And you can save your 99 cents :D

It's said with love. My wife's family are all UConn fans. I get much worse than this from them on a regular basis. And god forbid one team beats the other, in ANY sport. Then the fun really begins. :)

Something to point out, a lot of the ACC and SEC (and I've even seen this with some Big 12 sports) football and basketball do get blacked out if you're out of region. A big example of this would be SEC basketball on FSN South - being in Georgia I can't confirm this but my understanding was this past year you needed Full Court to get SEC basketball even on an RSN, not just the Raycom games. I think ACC was the same. The occasional football game also seems to get blacked out as well, I've seen that mostly with FSN Ohio and MSG for some reason (and often if the game is on another RSN that channel won't be blacked out).

IMO the sports pack is still a better value overall than either ESPN package unless you're after a specific team, IE SEC fans who aren't in Raycom markets :). The good news is that it looks like even more RSN games will be in HD this year, like some single-market FSN contests (like UGA-Central Michigan on FSN South) and even more of the national FSN games.

I was thrilled last season when Raycom/Lincoln Financial (RLF) finally ponied up and broadcast three ACC regular season BB games in HD. With the success of those games, we can certainly expect more. And again, being in the ACC/SEC footprint makes life easier for following my team/league. And for me, the only problem I have each year is that darn first Duke/UNC game which is always blacked out in the ACC territory on ESPN and we must watch on RLF. Even though they carried the game in HD last year, it was not broadcast on the primary RLF channel here in Charleston. Instead it was broadcast on a subchannel that is barely strong enough to run a dishwasher, much less HD. But looking forward to a great season of BB, not just from here but from across the country.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)