Sports South - Chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I'm in a suburb near Chicago. I do not have the Sports Package.

On channel 450 I'm able to watch a college baseball game on Sports South - East Tennessee State at Tennessee.

It would be nice if Dish would let me see major league games on all the RSN's

there's a wee problem with that and its called MLB Extra Innings :)

Dish has to black out all out of market pro games. Same with DirecTV. Thats how MLB EI, NBA LP and NHL CI get their money :)

I understand Dish does not have MLB Extra Inning and if I get the Sports Package major league games will be blacked out.

What I really was questioning is why in the Chicago market I'm able to watch a college baseball game on Sports South.

College and the Major's have different blackout rules.

But, I do not have the Sports Package.

The " All Channel " program guide only has my RSN - Channel 429.

The college baseball game on Sports South is on alt. channel 450.

Due to some glitch is the game being shown in Chicago?

No, the alt channels are for sports that may not be available in a specific area. I have three rsn's in my NY dma and do not have that game on any of those three. I also have that collage baseball game available to me if I choose to watch it. There is also a lot of MLB, NHL and NBA games on the alt channels, those are under the various league's black out rules. The college games are under black out rules governed by the conference the teams play under, if they choose to not black out their games, everyone get to watch them or they can choose to black out games in some areas but not others which gives the games to some people and not others. The SEC conference and ACC do this a lot more than some of the other conferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts