SportsNet New York

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Does anyone know if E* is in negotiations with Comcast to carry the new SportsNet New York. I'd like to see it on the air before the start of the regular season.

negotations and comcast are not 2 words that are going well right now with dish ;) :D

Yes, this channel is a must for me, too. However, considering Dish does not have YES so what are the odds they carry SNY ? By the way, Comcast only owns 1/6 of this channel. It is owned 1/6 by Comcast, 1/6 by Time Warner and 2/3 by the Mets so maybe the Comcast thing will not hurt the negotiations.

To my knowledge, the channel isn't going to be broadcasting until the season starts. I don't think they are doing any spring training games, unless that has changed.

Dish and DirecTV will likely take care of things before the season starts.

matt,

Just curious as to why you think Dish will get SNY even though they do not have YES. I hope your right, but I was just wondering why you think that.

As a Mets fan, I'd like tp have it, but I would be surprised to see it happen. At least we still get a handful of games on WPIX superstation

DWS44 said:
As a Mets fan, I'd like tp have it, but I would be surprised to see it happen. At least we still get a handful of games on WPIX superstation

If you are in South Carolina you actually will be in better shape than those of us in the NY/NJ/CT area. You can subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and get the SNY games that way, and subscribe to WPIX for the other games. You would get all games except for national TV games. Her in NY we will be blacked out of the SNY games on MLB Extra Innings, so we need the channel carried locally.

If Dish (or DirecTV) doesn't pick up SNY, they will not be allowed to show SNY games as part of MLB EI. This means the only Mets games on MLB EI would be those telecast by the opposing team on their RSN.

As for whether Dish picks up SNY, who knows? But I will say that Dish has showed a renewed interest in sports in the past six months (picking up NFL Network, CSTV, ESPN-U, and FSW2), so there is some hope that SNY (and maybe even YES) could be seen on Dish this spring.

I can't believe that they will just totally give up on millions of baseball fans in teh New York market entirely..... (I'm shocjked they held out this long on YES. I would have thought that a condition of the Extra Innings package would be the resolution of the YES stalemate)

Lucky said:
Yes, this channel is a must for me, too. However, considering Dish does not have YES so what are the odds they carry SNY ? By the way, Comcast only owns 1/6 of this channel. It is owned 1/6 by Comcast, 1/6 by Time Warner and 2/3 by the Mets so maybe the Comcast thing will not hurt the negotiations.
I live in Philadelphia and if Crimecast has there way you will never see sports in NY via CSN, we have nothing here through Dish or DTV because of a legal loop hole.
The word comcast means bend over and grab you ankles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)