Please reply by conversation.

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Here's a blurb from the SNNY website:

NEW YORK -- SportsNet New York and DIRECTV today announced a long-term agreement to provide the new regional sports network featuring the New York Mets and the New York Jets to DIRECTV customers.

The new network will be available this Wednesday to DIRECTV customers within the SportsNet New York footprint who subscribe to any DIRECTV TOTAL CHOICE® programming package. DIRECTV will also offer SNY as part of its SPORTS Pack, which is available a la carte throughout the United States to all DIRECTV customers. The network will debut on channel 625. The agreement will also allow DIRECTV to deliver to its high-definition (HD) customers an HD version of select home Mets games produced by SNY.

"We are thrilled to announce that SportsNet New York will be available to DIRECTV customers," said Jon Litner, President of SportsNet New York. "We look forward to providing Mets games, extensive coverage of the Jets as well as our compelling blend of 24/7 sports programming to DIRECTV customers."

"We appreciate the patience of the many Mets fans who were eagerly waiting to watch an exciting Mets team on SportsNet New York via DIRECTV," said Dan Fawcett, executive vice president, Programming Acquisition, DIRECTV, Inc. "As the nation's premiere sports programming provider, we could not let these fans down."

I wonder how we'll know when and where the HD games will be?

It's not going to be easy, seeing what happened with YES last year.

My guess:

1) Not after Sunday ticket starts up (and that will be VERY painful should the Mets be in a pennant race!)
2) Probably not when a YES-HD game is being shown. I hate the Yanks, but I would guess that their ratings numbers would dictate this.

JonUrban said:

This has been the most frustrating problem with DirecTv and these games. Good luck in getting this information this year. Last year it was just frustrating to say the least.

JonUrban said:

Keep an eye on the 94 to 99 channel range. The game will pop up there in HD, just like YES-HD pops up on channel 95 I think, I am sure SNY-HD will pop up on 96 or so, when the game is being played at Shea and shown in HD.

Um, the mets get hd games on directv, but not the red sox? A lot more people watch NESN.

What I hope is that they add SNY to the NY locals carried via MPEG4. But not until they come out with the MPEG4 HD DVR! Until then, maybe add certain games in MPEG2 like they did last year with YES.

hancox said:
My guess:

1) Not after Sunday ticket starts up (and that will be VERY painful should the Mets be in a pennant race!)

Last I heard there are 6 days in the week that Sunday Ticket requires no bandwidth for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)