Spot beam power fluctuation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bishoph1

Dec 17, 2009
South
I've been on the edge of a spotbeam for Directv 7s at 119 (transponder 31) for months with a signal strength of around 50-55, and periodically it would go to 0 but come back

For a week now it's been at 0...does Directv change spot beam power based on weather or other factors? Has there been any change in spot beam mapping recently?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I've been on the edge of a spotbeam for Directv 7s at 119 (transponder 31) for months with a signal strength of around 50-55, and periodically it would go to 0 but come back

For a week now it's been at 0...does Directv change spot beam power based on weather or other factors? Has there been any change in spot beam mapping recently?

Where are you actually located?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
which market are you picking up and where approx are you?

Normally the spotbeams dont move much

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I'm physically in north Georgia and been getting Roanoke, VA

Ah! You are lucky to be getting any signal at all! At that distance, weather could be a factor, as well as dish alignment.

bishoph1

Dec 17, 2009
South
I thought weather, but it's been like this 24/7 for a week
I don't think my dish is off alignment, what's weird is i'm getting 0 on the other odd #'s transponders on directv 7s/119 that are spotbeams
The conus transponders on that bird are all in the mid 70s, which seems low to me

bishoph1

Dec 17, 2009
South
Yea I'm starting to think it's the LNB or a cable from LNB to multiswitch
I tried switching everything around on multiswitch (Zinwell WB68), tried bypassing multiswitch altogether, and all receivers I have are getting 70-75 on conus txr's, and 0's on spotbeam txrs

MAYBE it's an alignment issue

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Yea I'm starting to think it's the LNB or a cable from LNB to multiswitch
I tried switching everything around on multiswitch (Zinwell WB68), tried bypassing multiswitch altogether, and all receivers I have are getting 70-75 on conus txr's, and 0's on spotbeam txrs

MAYBE it's an alignment issue

Your CONUS numbers are low. I'd try a realignment first. Can you move the dish slightly while someone checks your levels? Don't loosen the dish, just push a little on the edges. If that raises your levels, I'd guess a realignment will fix you up. If not, try another lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)