Spotbeams

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
Can someone tell me if it's possible to receive the NYC HD locals from the 61.5 spotbeam in Rochester NY and what size dish it would require? I was hoping to bring a receiver to our camp when we go on vacation.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to receive the NYC HD locals from the 61.5 spotbeam in Rochester NY and what size dish it would require? I was hoping to bring a receiver to our camp when we go on vacation.

looks like a no go

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

green ring means normal dish
yellow ring means bigger dish
red ring is a huge dish and cant guarantee it will work

Just take into consideration that dish moved the satellite around on 61.5 so most of the beams slid northeast, the beam maps are not as accurate as the 110/119/129 ones unfortunately.

Meter

Looks like it would take over a meter to pick it up. 1.2 or larger would be necessary at the very least & w/ the shift to NE may be 1.8 or 2.4 to do it.

...the beam maps are not as accurate as the 110/119/129 ones unfortunately.

Anyone know how accurate the maps are for 129? The reason I'm asking is because according to that an 84cm - 1m dish is needed to pick up SB17 on TP2 in Boise. I've tried a 1m and the best I can squeeze out is a signal reading between 9 and 11. I tried a 1.2m and got between 12 and 15. I'm guessing that isn't enough for reliable signal?

--Gary

looks like a no go

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

green ring means normal dish
yellow ring means bigger dish
red ring is a huge dish and cant guarantee it will work
It looks like I would be in the red ring in upstate NY but it also shows me in the same red ring at my house in eastern Long Island and I have a good signal there. I guess I'll just have to try it. Do you think they will ever put the NY HD channels conus, like the SD channels are? Thanks for everyone's help.

I just said the 110/119/129 maps were accurate. But dish can dial up or dial down the power as they see fit. But the center points are accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)