Spots and lines in picture

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
I'm new to Voom but let me explain something I've seen 4 times so far in the past 2 days. I get a bright spot or a smart black vertical line in the picture that will NOT go away. I change channels and it's still there in the exact same spot. The only thing that makes it go away is turning off the Voom receiver and turning it back on.

Anyone else seen this?

I haven't seen something like you describe. Can you take a picture? What connection are you currently using -- component or DVI? It sounds like it could be a bad receiver.

Spots

I haven't seen that problem either has it happen with your other receiver i would call Voom and tell them about your problem it is probably a bad receiver. :D

I haven't seen any lines, but I have had the occassional stray pixel that doesn't want to go away. A white "dot" on the screen that stays in the same place even when you change channels. If this is the same problem, it's been around a while. Hitting the Voom button followed by the Watch button should get rid of it.

Thanks

Thanks for that handy trick if i have the same problem i will hit the Voom button then the watch. :D

Sean Mota said:
I haven't seen something like you describe. Can you take a picture? What connection are you currently using -- component or DVI? It sounds like it could be a bad receiver.

Component.

I believe I did hear that I got two refurbs units. But that doesn't really bother me if they work correctly.

jame_g said:
I haven't seen any lines, but I have had the occassional stray pixel that doesn't want to go away. A white "dot" on the screen that stays in the same place even when you change channels. If this is the same problem, it's been around a while. Hitting the Voom button followed by the Watch button should get rid of it.

Yep what you desribe is exactly what I get. I got a short black vertical bar twice too but most of the time it's a bright spot.

I'll give that a try the next time it happens.

Thanks

i was watching goodfellas in hd today and i seen the saem black line but it was there only a few minutes and went away.Im running component and will be looking for a adapter or new cord to go from dvi to hdmi.Also has anyone noticed that the weather channel volume is way lower than all over channels?I also has a odd black line at top of the screen with fragemnts moving in it.Should i do a hard boot on reciever and how do i do that?thanks for anyones help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts