Spring Cleaning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I want to do some spring cleaning. I have a cardboard box with rca, coax, and phone line for every receiver I have. Am I required to keep all these boxes, cables, and cords as a DirecTV subscriber? I don't plan on ever leaving DirecTV but, if I ever do leave, I don't want to get charged for not keeping all this.

Does anyone know how this all works? I have had DirecTV for a very long time and could use the space for something else. Can I recycle all this or should I keep it? When/if I cancel will they send me a return box since all my current receivers are now leased?

I also have an old HR10-250, Hughes DirecTV Tivo, and 3 or 4 old RCA receivers. Should I put these to the curb or sell them online? I will never use them and I know not to get rid of the access cards. Is there a market for used outdated equipment?

You do not need to keep the box/cables. If you return a receiver, defect or cancellation, they will send a box and prepaid label to send it back.

As or the HR10, you can sell it, they still get $100 or so on ebay, or you can keep it.

The basic SD only receivers are near-worthless unless you know someone that needs a basic SD receiver and didn't take the free one's when they activated service. The current 'basic' receiver is $69, but I've seen them for $49. That makes resale value on your RCA's very low - pluss they would have to pay $20 or so for a new access card from DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts