Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just got home from running errands and noticed both of my hr20-700's received the latest national upgrade this morning. i believe this was the cutting edge release of about a month ago. i love the lighter menu colors. i'm sure it will take me awhile to discover everything else too!

So, where is the list of "fixes" or changes included in the national release? I don't see a thread for it...unless I am staring right at it and not seeing it!

So, where is the list of "fixes" or changes included in the national release? I don't see a thread for it...unless I am staring right at it and not seeing it!

DirecTV normally doesn't publish a list of what's fixed in their software releases, since when you talk to a CSR there's never anything wrong with the software;)

About the only thing you can do is check the D* Cutting Edge section over at DBSTalk.Com and try to piece together what was fixed or new features were in the prior cutting edge software releases.

What you are seeing now, was discussed in the "Cutting Edge " previously, as the C.E. user get first dibs at it (anyone can be a C.E. 'er, just undrstand the situation prior to doing it).
The C.E. program is basically a Beta test that D* has allowed subs to get early software updates, in exchange, we post our findings, good or bad and that gives D* more info to work with. (D* has it's "internal" beta testers as well) . They in turn correct any glitches that are found, once they are happy with the results,,thay generally will release it to the public as the "National Release", the one you received. :)

If interested in doing the C.E. stuff, browse the threads and you will find info as to how it works.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts