Sprint Giving FREE Cell Service to DirecTV Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

I don't know. Our Verizon family plan runs us about $215 per month. We have been with them since 2002 because they offer the best service in our area but we would strongly consider switching to Sprint for at least a year for free service. That free year would save us $2,580.00.

The difference in service probably wouldn't be extreme enough to make Verizon worth $2,580 more than Sprint. Unfortunately we aren't Directv subscribers so this is all hypothetical.

ALWAYS check signal strength before switching. It could be a great idea or a complete disaster.

Currently a Sprint customer, bill is roughly $205 for two smartphones with unlimited talk, text and data and a mobile hotspot with 3GB of data.

I immediately went to the gotchyas and saw it was limited to 2GB of data. A week and a half into my billing cycle I'm at 5 GB. No thanks!

upload_2015-8-27_23-35-56.png

Has anyone seen the details? Do you actually have to be an AT&T cell customer and switch your number over to Sprint for this deal? What if I want to just take Sprint up on their offer and have service with both carriers?

Hey, it's worth asking right! :D

Agree, you couldn't pay me enough to switch to Sprint.
But you also couldn't pay me enough to switch to Verizon either.

I'm not ecstatic about my provider, but I'm satisfied. With T-Mobile. $130 for four lines...each with 10 GB and mine with 20 GB. All users can tether. Unlimited talk, even in Mexico and Canada (no roaming). I just went to Mexico for a week and used my phone to tether to my laptop. I had an LTE signal that got me about 7MB down and 3MB up. It works fine in about 90% of where I am. I figure that it's worth the savings to deal with the 10% I don't have a signal. I just migrated from ATT in July. I hope the messages that Sprint and T-Mobile are sending can make an impact on the complete greediness of Verizon and ATT.

I see it like this...ATT has the financial ability to purchase unbelievable amounts of frequencies, a piece of the Mexico market, and the biggest satellite provider in the US. I really don't see an end to the amount of takeovers ATT will have. Meanwhile, people willing to spend ATT rates will fund these takeovers and just be part of their machine. I've been with DirecTV since 1996. I love the service. However...I simply refuse to continue being part of the machine that continues building the wealth for the few who are really profiting from ATT.

Reactions: dalyew
The quality of service for a specific carrier depends on the area.

For detroit Verizon is great. I get crappy service with sprint and when I had ATT I would always get dropped calls.

On the other hand went to Jacksonville and Orlando and my Verizon phones worked like crap. I hear that sprint works awesome in Chicago.

I've seen the same around here over the years. The best local coverage was Alltel followed by Veirzon and all the rest just really were bad here. Now ATT has bought the Alltel here so ATT & Verizon are on a fairly even keel unless you go to the most southeastern counties where ATT is best because of the Alltel purchase but it is still bad down there. T-Mobile has improved a lot in the last year in this area but still is spotty when you get away from the more populated areas. The rest are spotty and not very dependable.
Because of where I am at times, I could use ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile without any signficant issues. I"m with Verizon and am happy with the service and OK with the rate structure. 2 phones, 3Gb shareable data for around the $80/month mark with my discount.

The difference in service probably wouldn't be extreme enough to make Verizon worth $2,580 more than Sprint.

Don't be so sure! ;)

A week and a half into my billing cycle I'm at 5 GB. No thanks!

I'm impressed...be thankful it works in your area! I'm not sure I could have generated 4G speeds long and fast enough in CLT area to have used 5GB in a month if my phone was downloading/streaming 24/7. :confused: (A moot point...connection speeds usually made streaming useless anyways. LOL)

I'll admit, I was a staunch defender of Sprint for a long time...had the service for nearly 15 years...but the last couple years saw their network go down the toilet around the CLT area and specifically down in the area where I live. Data Speeds were horrible, even when data would actually stay connected...and dropped calls were the norm. My parents and I both had Sprint, and there were nights we'd drop 2-3 calls in a 15 minute span trying to have a phone conversation. This was over a period where we had multiple high-end phones...so devices weren't the issue. Sprint would say all was fine in the area.We finally had enough and both switched to Verizon in the spring and words can't describe how much of an improvement its been. Data and Voice. Sprint could pay me for the service, and I probably wouldn't take it at this point.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Sprint went on the offensive to blunt the impact of new AT&T-DirecTV service bundles, offering a free year of service to DirecTV subscribers who switch cellular service to Sprint. “DirecTV customers love their TV service – but they shouldn’t have to settle for AT&T wireless,” said Kevin Crull, Sprint’s chief marketing officer, citing Sprint’s improved network service. Beginning today, Aug. 28, through Sept. 30, DirecTV customers who switch to Sprint, and existing Sprint customers adding new lines of service, get 12 months of unlimited talk, text and a full 2GB of data per line for up to five lines in a household. Customers must get a phone through the Sprint Lease, iPhone Forever, or Sprint Easy Pay phone-payment plans or pay the full retail price up front.

twice.com

I heard all the talk about Verizon and their network. I switched 2 years ago and I wasn't impressed what so ever. Ended up going back to AT&T. AT least in the SE, AT&T has the better service. YMMV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)