Sprint Launches 4G In Ten More Cities

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Sprint Launches 4G In Ten More Cities - Hopefully you live in Texas... - dslreports.com

Following closely behind the Mobile WiMax launches of their spun-off Clearwire unit, Sprint this morning announced that they've launched "4G" wireless broadband services in ten additional cities. According to Sprint statements, the faster broadband service is now available in Salem, Oregon; Milledgeville, Georgia; and the Texas cities of Amarillo, Killeen-Temple, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Waco, Wichita Falls, Abilene and Midland-Odessa.

Customer plans for the new service cost $69.99 monthly for access to both the Sprint 3G and 4G network. The plan costs $10 more than their 3G plan alone, but the 4G access comes with no caps (for now). 3G users face a 5GB monthly usage cap.

Sprint Launches 4G In Ten More Cities - Hopefully you live in Texas... - dslreports.com

Following closely behind the Mobile WiMax launches of their spun-off Clearwire unit, Sprint this morning announced that they've launched "4G" wireless broadband services in ten additional cities. According to Sprint statements, the faster broadband service is now available in Salem, Oregon; Milledgeville, Georgia; and the Texas cities of Amarillo, Killeen-Temple, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Waco, Wichita Falls, Abilene and Midland-Odessa.

Customer plans for the new service cost $69.99 monthly for access to both the Sprint 3G and 4G network. The plan costs $10 more than their 3G plan alone, but the 4G access comes with no caps (for now). 3G users face a 5GB monthly usage cap.
And I thought ATT was bad

That 5gb cap is pretty common on data plans. It doesn't affect the phones. Also, it's a soft cap, I regularly go over it without issue, unlike my work data card with verizon, they get bill overage immediately and it's only a 5gb cap also.

Yeah a problem folks don't have to worry with AT&T much due to they dont have 3G in allot of areas much less 4G. Sprint Rocks! :)

Yeah, no kidding about that with AT&T. No 3g near me at all, about an hour drive. All other providers are 3g though.

The 5Gb monthly cap was imposed on all cellular carriers data plans by the FCC. Thank you AT&T lobbyists! It only applies to the 3G network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)