Sprint LTE?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I have an upgrade that I can use in 15-days and I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my EVO 4G (WiMax) to an EVO 4G LTE. I use the phone mostly in Washington DC and Dallas (mostly DC) and both cities are supposedly being upgraded to LTE. Anyway, has anyone been using Sprint LTE service in DC? WiMax coverage (never that great) has been getting crappier and crappier the past six months. Perhaps I won't be missing much (WiMax) even if the DC LTE rollout were to take several more months.

I was just reading that Sprint turned-on LTE in Kansas City this weekend...however, it will take another six to eight months to cover the entire metro area. As much as I would like to get the phone, it doesn't make much sense until the majority of the area is enabled. Hmmm.

Anyone using Sprint LTE?

the service literally just launched on official basis today. it was fired up early in a few markets, kind of a soft launch.

even though we're a bunch of early adopters here, there might not be anyone around with access to it.

this is like the early days of wimax 2 years ago. give it a little time and you'll get more feedback.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I think that I'm just going to go for it. My wife's friend's husband (not sure if this is a reliable source) said he is seeing LET in Dallas, and WiMax has gotten so spotty, and 3G so slow since the start of the tourist season, that it's not going to hurt anything getting the EVO LTE. WiMax was actually quite nice after it was first deployed in DC, but they stopped buidling-out the coverage area and the speeds slowed down (4G and 3G) last year.

Well, I am finally eligible for my 2-year upgrade tomorrow so I'm going to pickup an HTC EVO 4G LTE on my way home from work, and wait for Sprint to light-up LTE in the coming weeks. My daughter is getting my old (although it looks brand new) EVO 4G and having my wife's SERO Premium line transferred over to it since she uses her Verizon phone. It's hard to believe my 10-years old is the last girl in her class to have a mobile phone. We'll be watching over her usage like a pair of hawks.

Well, I am finally eligible for my 2-year upgrade tomorrow so I'm going to pickup an HTC EVO 4G LTE on my way home from work, and wait for Sprint to light-up LTE in the coming weeks. My daughter is getting my old (although it looks brand new) EVO 4G and having my wife's SERO Premium line transferred over to it since she uses her Verizon phone. It's hard to believe my 10-years old is the last girl in her class to have a mobile phone. We'll be watching over her usage like a pair of hawks.

white?

Well, still no LTE indicator on my phone here in DC. On a side note, I was all over the Baltimore area yesterday and not once did my phone connect to an LTE network (from Columbia MD to BWI to Camden Yards).

My Evo (from the first day they were available) has never even gotten 4G, so I'm not holding my breath for LTE. (I do love my Evo though and wouldn't hesitate to replace it in 2025 when my area finally gets LTE.) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)