Sprint: Samsung Epic 4G or HTC EVO 4G?

Which Sprint 4G phone would you select?

• Samsung Epic 4G

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom roms are a good reason, however there are not as many for the EVO as there are for others, droid for one. I am sure they will come.
App 2 sd is another, although that may be possible with 2.2 alone. Not sure.
Then there are some other apps that only work with rooted phones.
Its worth it.

Honestly, these custom skins (sense, touch wiz, ext) are pretty, but not needed. You can get the same effects from the market and elsewhere with less lag IMHO.

Ok This is kinda cool.. Right now my EVO is clocked at 1.4GHz LOL.. running really good actually

Is there anything good about moving to a different rom?

I don't know if I want to overclock or what that does for me.

However I did install the Overclock Widget and have it set to turn my CPU speed down to the lowest CPU speeds possible when the screen is off... so far in my testing this helps the battery life which is a plus. :)

Is there anything good about moving to a different rom?

I don't know if I want to overclock or what that does for me.

However I did install the Overclock Widget and have it set to turn my CPU speed down to the lowest CPU speeds possible when the screen is off... so far in my testing this helps the battery life which is a plus. :)

Different roms have different customizations and features that you can not do stock (at least the Droid roms ive tried).
Often times you can get a update before it is officially launched. I know many people were running 2.2 before verizon actually pushed it out, and I am running it before Csouth does.

Overclocking will just help the whole thing run smoother and faster assuming you do not go overboard. Different CPUs will react differently.
Going from 550 mhz to 1.2 ghz with my Milestone/droid made a big difference. ZERO lag at all for me now.
Not sure what kind of difference you would see since you are already at 1 ghz. Perhaps someone else can answer that?

SetCPU is what I am using to set up my profiles. I went from charging mid day to going all day easily with no change in usage. I, like you, have it set to throttle way back when the screen is off, among other set criteria. I also have mine set at on demand instead of all out all the time. Since I am pushing my CPU alot harder, I do not want to cause any possible damage.

So for both the Epic and EVO, how do they do for viewing the screen in sunlight? That has always been a gripe of mine when using a smartphone outside.

The EVO is a Beast,, man I love this phone. Gave the TP2 to one of my kids, and there is no looking back

So far I'm happy with my Epic. I wanted a "real" keyboard, although I'm getting used to Swype (built in on the Epic).

I want to see what it does with FroYo(2.2). Supposedly we're getting that before the end of the year. (Rumor is mid november).

So far I'm happy with my Epic. I wanted a "real" keyboard, although I'm getting used to Swype (built in on the Epic).

I want to see what it does with FroYo(2.2). Supposedly we're getting that before the end of the year. (Rumor is mid november).

I think Sprint will push out the update come the end of Nov. I have no faith in T mobile pushing the update

Been running my EVO @ 1200MHz for almost 2 weeks and zero problems with freezes, so it tells me its very stable like that. Battery does go faster then at 1GHz but heck, I don't mind whatsoever.

At night since I leave my phone on all night I have it down to 650Mhz so it uses less power. With SetCPU you can create different profiles with different running speeds to suit you.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I did see mention of the NFL app early on in the thread, so forgive me if this is already been mentioned. As was said, during the off season Verizon Wireless outbid Sprint to be the official wireless provider of the NFL. Along with that came a Verizon exclusive NFL app that included live streaming of the NFL Network, NFL RedZone and SNF. the app is available on Verizon Blackberry's, Android devices and other smartphones like the Envy. The Android Verizon of the Verizon exclusive app is available for download on the internet through other sources for other carriers. For the past few weeks I've been running the Verizon EXCLUSIVE NFL Mobile app without a hitch on my Sprint HTC Evo. It works flawlessly! And it’s a lot better than the new dumbed down Sprint Football app.

It’s a very simple process. Just find the app, download it on your SD card, and run it. No rooting required.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I did see mention of the NFL app early on in the thread, so forgive me if this is already been mentioned. As was said, during the off season Verizon Wireless outbid Sprint to be the official wireless provider of the NFL. Along with that came a Verizon exclusive NFL app that included live streaming of the NFL Network, NFL RedZone and SNF. the app is available on Verizon Blackberry's, Android devices and other smartphones like the Envy. The Android Verizon of the Verizon exclusive app is available for download on the internet through other sources for other carriers. For the past few weeks I've been running the Verizon EXCLUSIVE NFL Mobile app without a hitch on my Sprint HTC Evo. It works flawlessly! And it’s a lot better than the new dumbed down Sprint Football app.

It’s a very simple process. Just find the app, download it on your SD card, and run it. No rooting required.

Interesting ...
Is there an official Name for this app ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)