Square Shooter

SteveISU

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Is this one of the options as a replacement OTA for the Stealth. My Voom is being installed tomorrow and I asked the installer about the bringing a back up antenna incase the steath didn't work out. He said sure it's not a prob and he'll bring a winegard.....I think he says it stands pretty tall which would lead me to believe its no the square shooter. Do they carry the square shooter? Also, can I ask for a larger dish like the 30 right of the bat? My townhome's backside points dead south and behind me is open protected wet lands, so I'm assuming the dish could get slammed pretty hard by the elements. ???

Just wanted to say that I have been lurking for a while and this forum really help me make my decision.....Great Place!

The SqS is designed primarily for urban environments where multi-path issues and direct line of site can be a problem. It works real well with reflected signals (it's how I'm using it) but to be honest, you can do as good with something cheaper if your in a suburban/rural environment.

It is aesthetically pleasing I do admit and neighbor friendly.

Yeah I just talked to adant wireless and they said my best bet is the Stealth. The said they have been having probs with the Square Shooters in the NW burbs of Chicago. Claimed I wouldn't get NBC, ABC, or Fox due to it's low gain. So I ask....Whats better.....the stealth on the roof or having them put a Winegard 7082 or 7018 in the attic? I live in a townhome were the firewalls are comprised of cinder block and a metalized fireproof sheet. I would think the attic antenna may have problems with the signal due to the metalic sheet. This damn home was built too well...lol Fires...ha!

There is no way the Stealth is better than the SSh. I don't know of anyone who switched from stealth to ssh and didn't have things get better. That has been my experience in reading posts.

I guess what they are saying is because I am exactly 31 miles from all the antennas and CBS in particular is a low gain station the SSH won't grab it?

I'm supposed to be upgraded to the SS next week. I started with the stealth, with poor results. Then I upgraded to a Winegard 8800, which was much worse for me. So, now I'm in for the SS.

Its supposed to help multi-path problems. I live in suburbia, with lots of very tall trees. Any idea if trees can cause multi-path problems?

-John

Hi,

IMO. The square shooter is not better then the Stealth. I can't get ABC and CBS where I am located. I had the voom installer bring out another antenna. To my disappointment, he brought the square shooter. He could not get any OTA channels at all. ZERO. Another wasted morning trying to get ABC and CBS. :mad:

In addition it runs around $129, this means you will have to pay for 70 buck extra with the 60 voom would apply for a new attenna. A

I recall looking for info on the SS on the web. It's for winabagos.

Trees

Trees = big time problems
I have that problem now that the leaves are starting to come out. If I watch the signal it swings up and down from 90 to 0 and back, especially when it's windy. I'm going to try an 8-bay instead of the stealth this weekend. I think a chainsaw may be the best alternative.... :D

PBHDinSD said:
Hi,

It's for winabagos.

LMAO...too funny. Actually with the optional amp which I have I get my stations that are about 30 miles away perfectly.

The SqS has gotten exemplary reviews, but again it was primarily designed for urban environments.

Yeah maybe it has great reviews. Unless my installer hooked it up wrong or it was a bad antenna, it could not get any OTA stations where I am located. The installer was perplexed, because he just installed one just an install before he did mine.