square tube quad lnb

paapablo said:
I am trying to source three square tube quad LNB . Does anyone know where I can source these?
What are you looking for? Directv uses a rectangular tube on most of their dishes, DISH Network uses a "D" tube on their dishes is a square tube for a FTA mounting? :)

These are for use on a six ft dishes . RCA used to manufacture them but the are no longer in production . These are similar to the RCA dual LNB but have four outputs

I believe that is called the Phase II DirecTV lnb. It was found on Winegard Dishes. It was basically a three lnb adapter with a multiswitch built in. It was not used for 6 ft dishes. It was the transitional evolutionary encarnation of the original three lnb elliptical dish manufactured by Channel Master, later redesignated as the Phase I dish. Very few Phase II dishes were sold. Most of the older dishes were Phase I, and the Phase III dish is now the cheapest alternative.

Directv Did have a quad LNB that was for the 18" rectangular mounting tube it would be the same as DISH Legacy equipment. It was discontinued about two years ago so Ebay is probably going to be your only source. I don't know how it would work on a 6' dish but it does work on my 76cm Winegard and I wish there was a source for them still.

Why would you want a Phase II lnb. The Phase III lnb would do exactly the same. You could use a Phase III lnb on a 6 ft dish. You'd have to tilt the lnb instead of the dish to match the Clarke Belt arc for your particular location. This would be much easier to do than to make a radial tilt mechanism for a 6 ft. dish. The elevation angle would be the same as for a Phase III dish. Some fine tuning would definitely be needed.

Mike 500 he is posting this in the DISH forum I don't think he is looking for the Directv satellites,but I don't think he knows what he is doing either a 3 X4 multiswitch would probably do what he wants.

There is no rectangular tube Dish Network multiswitch dish. There was a single satellite dual lnb retagular mounted 2x4 multiswitch that can work for both DirecTV and Dish Network. But, why bother? A standard dual lnb and a 3x4 multiswitch would do the same for a lot less in cost.

Many thanks for all the contribution .

I am a subscriber to dishnet work . I have a pansat receiver and a 301 receiver connected to two dishes using two dual LNB. I need to expand the 311 receivers and the pansat receivers. I am using a SW21 to connect the 311 and another switch connect the pansat receiver. A quad LNB appears to be the only option that I have to make the expansion. Am I correct

You may want to ask your question over in the FTA forum, where they have more experience with linear Ku equipment, like your Pansat.

There are a few FTA channels on the Dish network satellites you could use a circular LNB for. Not many. But a few. On 119 the NASA Channel and the radio channels are broadcast in the clear.

I won't comment beyond that because I value my membership in the forum and would prefer not to make assumptions about what other people are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)