SSTV from the ISS coming up! (1 Viewer)

lost_mesa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 18, 2010
New Mexico
Had a couple of good passes early this morning. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• ISS SSTV 1.jpg
    ISS SSTV 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 14
  • ISS SSTV 2.jpg
    ISS SSTV 2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Getting some flawless beautiful pictures today. Either conditions are just right or they turned up the power.

Reactions: Titanium

lost_mesa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 18, 2010
New Mexico
Back in September they turned on a new rig on the ISS. A modified Kenwood D710G. I believe power out is now 25 watts, from the previous rig's output of 5 watts.

I'm using a unity gain discone antenna with a few dB of coax loss. The signal often pegs the S meter of my TS2000x at 60 over S9.

Reactions: Titanium and N5XZS

KE4EST

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Back in September they turned on a new rig on the ISS. A modified Kenwood D710G. I believe power out is now 25 watts, from the previous rig's output of 5 watts.
Yep, I remember reading about that now. Even heard a little voice on it, until they stopped that.

Reactions: Titanium

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Make very good sense of line of sight signal when the signal comes up from the West horizon, and when almost over the top of your vertical or direct over your vertical mag mount antenna and the swoop down to East horizon signal gets better before it's dips below Eastern horizon line of site. :cool:

I hope I don't to get carry away detailing this stuff!:hatsoff

KE4EST

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Still getting some cool images. I still love watching the images come in the same as I did years ago, mostly on 20 meters.
I am using an "updated" version of MMSSTV. You can find it here: YONIQ – GRUPO RADIO GALENA
If your Spanish is too rusty, just go down to where you see: Descarga de MMSSTV 1.13 YONIQ.
That downloads the YONIQ version. This guy took the original which is on github open source and just added some features and fixed a few things a little better. Eugenio Fernández, EA1ADA, made some improvements, including an indication of the percentage of image sent and received, improved image reception settings, etc. When you first install it will be in Spanish. You will need to stumble your way through the settings to switch it to English if you prefer.

Of course you can run Google translate on the link above to read the whole thing. Just thought you guys might be interested.

Above I wrote: "updated" because at first glance it looks the exact same as the last version of MMSSTV from 2010. Under the hood though, is mostly where the improvements and additions are found. :)

lost_mesa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 18, 2010
New Mexico
Thanks KE4EST. Downloaded YONIQ and managed to catch what might be the the last pass in the current SSTV session.

One thing I noticed. Even though I installed YONIQ in a separate folder from the original MMSSTV, YONIQ was saving the images in the original history folder, overwriting my old images that had the default file names of Hist1, Hist2... So be aware.

To change the menus to English:

From the menu bar click on Opciones.
In the drop down menu click on Configurar MMSSTV.
In the window that pops up, select the Misc tab.
Near the bottom right, click on the Ingles button.
Then click on a couple of OKs. Didn't need to restart to switch to English. YMMV.

Hist1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts