St louis area D* and E* retailers????

jhamps10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Flora, IL
Hello folks, I decided to drop the cable company and get satellite. BUT trying to find a retailer is becoming a pain in the you know what. Does anyone know of any retailers in the st. louis area for EITHER D* or E*? P.S. I live on a 3rd floor apartment, with a good clear southern view from my balcony I think. I checked w/ E* and they said that THEIR installers for insurance reasons could not install it on a 3rd floor, just their direct installers. I called the number that they gave me, and they can not set up apartment accounts AT ALL. For reference that retailer is called go dish. I hate to say it, but I think it is better to get a retailer from the area where my parents live which is out in the middle of nowhere, than in the big city of st. louis. again, EITHER D* or E* retailers please.

also for reference my zip is 63043.

hey, I just saw something about the free-for-all program where you pay upfront, but you get credits to pay you back. Has anyone done this, and if so is it a good deal? could you get any reciever you wanted (regular, DVR, HDTV)? I only have 1 TV right now and do not want to use my debit card if i don't have to. just checking.

Look around, there's dishes everywhere. high and low. Look around downtown St. Louis. Pick a high-rise I bet you find one.

Whatever you do, find someone that will put the dish in. If you have line of sight there is no excuse. If someone says no find someone else.

yeah, I know that there are dishes all over downtown. Heck, there's a lot in my apartment complex. I'm gonna find a dealer but the dish network website is totally wrong, I called 3 or 4 different places that they had near me, and I went to American TV by the mills mall. (NEVER GO THERE!!!!) the people there know less about satellite than my grandma!!!!.

Go dish is a national retailer. We get their flyers down here.

The problem with your install is that E* requires the system to be grounded. That's.........difficult to achieve on the 3rd floor. If you have a local DNSC office and the QC guy is a stickler, that might be a problem. Here, we don't get QC'd too much except what little work we actually do in Memphis (DNSC won't hardly send their guys out of the city--they do, occasionally). Its easier to cut the customers a little slack out in the boonies.

chadzx11 said:
Go dish is a national retailer. We get their flyers down here.

The problem with your install is that E* requires the system to be grounded. That's.........difficult to achieve on the 3rd floor. If you have a local DNSC office and the QC guy is a stickler, that might be a problem. Here, we don't get QC'd too much except what little work we actually do in Memphis (DNSC won't hardly send their guys out of the city--they do, occasionally). Its easier to cut the customers a little slack out in the boonies.

Yeah, their flyers that I get in the mail every week look like they are a national company, that just happens to have a local number and a 888 number. there's one place that I need to call, I'm not getting it on monday, because I have to get liability insurance (Apartment complex's rules) which I think basically just renter's insurance will cover that (which is always a smart thing to get). I should be enjoying dish network or directv by next weekend. I plan to decide on my tv choices on tuesday, maybe as late as wed.

Who cares about DNSC. I remember seeing a high-rise apartment building down in Miami that was plastered with dishes mounted into the building next to almost every window going up 15-20 floors. Windows flush with the building no balconies. They either stuck half their body out the window to mount those (and wall penetration) or they did it with scaffolding. If grounding was such an issue those dishes wouldn't be there.

FantasyChannel said:
Who cares about DNSC....

Obviously, you've never had to deal with a QC guy with attitude. Here, DNSC does most of the installs, because we pretty much refuse to do tripod or bucket mounts. Those are just service calls waiting to happen. The ONLY way I'll do one is if it is in MY zipcode. That's it. Those customers get my cell and are directed to hang up and call me if E* tries to charge them for a service call.

I just noticed that the original post I made was wrong... E* told me that from Dish network directly, they could not install it, but their retailers should be able to. Here is a wierd thing about my building though. on one side of the hall the 3rd floor is actually only 1 story above the ground like a 2nd story place. however though on my side there is 3 floors. I think that on one side, they put the 1st floor on like a walk out basement type of situation. It's really wierd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)