Stacking Multi-switches (Phase 3 + Local Dish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdbelt

Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Central USA
Quick question. I’m thinking of taking of advantage of the free 6 month local program offer from DirecTV, but I want to ask the REAL experts first before I screw up & commit to something. I currently have a DirecTIVO Sony SAT-T60 which enables me to simultaneously record from 2 built in tuners at once. Both feeds are sourced from a Phase 3 dish (3 LNB + 4 output multi-switch [Sats 101, 110, & 119]). Evidently I’ll need to point at a fourth bird (perhaps 72.5 or 95 [I don’t know which one Columbia, MO 65201 requires]). Can the I have the multi-switches stacked so that all 4 LNBs are fed through the lines? I think I’ll defer to having an installer do this since I’ve heard they are hard to focus on, but I DO NOT want a situation where 1 of my tuners is stuck on a local feed & the other the phase 3 feed. If it is possible to feed both tuners with all 4 sats, can you give me a quick overview? I want to be armed with knowledge in case the installer indicates otherwise & forces me to cancel the whole procedure.

Thanks a bunch.
Michael

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)