Stand 622 on End

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chunchma

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2004
Milford, New Jersey
Sorry if this has been asked before. My search skill might not be that great.

Anyway - I was wondering if the 622 would operate ok if it's standing on end.

Thx!

The only possible problem would be errors on the hard drive with previously recorded material, from gravity on the heads. But most hard drives today are made to work with minimal effects from gravity.

If you are going to do that, make sure you have plenty of ventilation. The 622 is a nice little oven - you can fry an egg on it. So make sure you don't put it in a place where it will have poor ventilation.

Many of us actualy use laptop coolers to help keep it cool.

I would call DISH and speak to a "level 3" tech. There could be reasons why a 622 should not be operated standing on an end. Then again, it may be O.K.

I put my Dish 6000 on its side for a short while and I did not like it. Plenty of overheating issues with the box. Lots of auto-reboots, and lock ups. I put it back on its belly and all was well again.

Considering how hot the 622 gets, I wouldn't do it unless you also went out of your way to get a fan blowing on it. But considering that there are USB powered fans out there.... It could be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts