Standalone 121 dish .... how to?

sargon

Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Has anyone setup a standalone dish to point at the 121 satellite? I have a dish pointed at 110/119 and one at 61.5. I don't want to install a Superdish.

What kind of LNB do I need? The standard DishPro LNBs do not work on the 121.

All four dishes will come down to a DP+44 switch. One line will go to a DP301 receiver, the other will go to a separator which will feed a Dish 942 receiver. Another line will go to a Dish 6000 receiver.

Contact dishnetwork, there is a stand alone 121 dish used for seperating the superdish in instances where you can not pick up all three sats from one location, this dish will come with the apropriate lnbf and instructions for assembly, be sure to ask for someone in advanced tech support as the regular csr is not going to know about this dish as it is not a common item at all.

For the DP44 you will need a DP FSS LNBF. However, for the sake of discussion, if you can hookup the 121 dish to one receiver directly (without any switches), you can get by with a regular KU-Band STANDARD (Lo Freq 10750) and a 30"+ dish.

Van said:
Its a replacement part and not a complete lnbf assembly and would not work without the rest of the superdish lnbf main cluster. It replaces a defective or damaged fss lnbf unit on a superdish instead of having to replace the whole cluster.

The OP wanted a stand-alone LNB, not the entire assembly. The OP did NOT want to use an actual superdish, and the part I referred to would allow this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)