STANDARD and UNIVERSAL LNB FREQ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I've been playing musical FTA Receiver with my 2 dish setups.

What I have scanned in with a Universal LNB isnt viewable with my Standard LNB, so I rescan and find that the numbers are off by 1000.

I have to input FREQ and SR in my Relook 400s hooked up to a Standard LNB, because it does not have True Blind Scan.

I have modified the FREQ by -1000 and it works, still have not been able to do some active TP's.

What am I doing right or wrong ? and if wrong please explain how and why.

The LNB LO on a Universal is
9750 low
10600 high

Standard is 10750

so....10750-9750 = 1000

Thats the only thing I can come up with :)

I've been playing musical FTA Receiver with my 2 dish setups.

What I have scanned in with a Universal LNB isnt viewable with my Standard LNB, so I rescan and find that the numbers are off by 1000.

I have to input FREQ and SR in my Relook 400s hooked up to a Standard LNB, because it does not have True Blind Scan.

I have modified the FREQ by -1000 and it works, still have not been able to do some active TP's.

What am I doing right or wrong ? and if wrong please explain how and why.

Yea this happens to me and i don`t understand why its bug the hell out of me :yikes

will the minus 1000 trick work without swapping lnbs? I know that my invacom quad can sort of see 58w... there's some activity on the meter for a second or two, but when I got to scan nothing shows up and that activity is gone, unless I slide over to another bird and come back... it's almost like it sees it but once it takes a closer look it dissappears like a ghost.

If you do not change your LNBF type from Universal 9750/10600 to Standard 10750, your frequencies will be 1000MHz off. Instead of re-entering the TP data, why not just change the LNB type or the LO frequency?

While most LNBFs will often operate outside of the upper and lower frequency limits, most receivers will not operate outside of the IF range. For example if you want to view a frequency of 11700 with a standard LNBF LO frequency of 10750, the receiver's IF frequency will be tuned to (11700 - 10750) 950MHz. To receive a frequency of 10700 an Universal LNBF with LO 9750 is used and the receivers's tuner is set to (10700 - 9750) 950MHz. To receive a frequency of 11900 with a Universal LNBF, the receiver sends a 22KHz tone to the LNBF switching to the 10600 LO frequency output and the receiver's tuner is set to (11900-10600) 1300MHz.

Ok, so lets go practical with this.

I've got an invacom quad (which is standard lnb) on the winegard and a universal that I've got in the basement. I don't really want to swap the lnbs around at the moment, in part because it's freaking cold outside, but wouldn't mind pulling in a few of the birds that are suppossedly only able to be pulled in with a universal. On 58w when I manually entered tp info in to the pansat, and jump the dish over there, the signal meter starts going active, and can see some tp (entered tp info off of what's suppossed to be there per posts here from others and per lyngsat)... but when I actually go in to scan, the pansat doesn't pick up the signal and then shows no signals on the meter, unless I go back out and move to another bird and then back.... sort of like the receiver sees the signal but can't quite reach it for whatever reason. I've read that you can use universal and pull in the signals like that, then swap to standard and still have the signals... what I don't understand is why the swap has to happen if the standard can actually physically pull signal in?

If you do not change your LNBF type from Universal 9750/10600 to Standard 10750, your frequencies will be 1000MHz off. Instead of re-entering the TP data, why not just change the LNB type or the LO frequency?

I did that last night , and everything is Fine now.

I've read that you can use universal and pull in the signals like that, then swap to standard and still have the signals... what I don't understand is why the swap has to happen if the standard can actually physically pull signal in?

Universal (some times called "wide-band") covers 10.7-12.75 GHz
Standard US covers 11.7-12.2 GHz
So, as you see, if the channel is outside the range of the standard LNBF you cannot get it. You would need to use a universal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)