Standard Definition OTA Tuners in DishNet Recievers

AnaBot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Hey, newbie question here. Do the Dishnetwork standard definition recievers (322, 311, 625, etc) have OTA inputs that will accept new digital waves coming out this February?

Thanks.

The newer ones do - 622, 722, 211, and I think the 222 also has a built in tuner. They are all HD units. None of the older SD only units have OTA tuners. But you wouldn't need it if you live in an area that has local channels over satellite.

The newer ones do - 622, 722, 211, and I think the 222 also has a built in tuner. They are all HD units. None of the older SD only units have OTA tuners. But you wouldn't need it if you live in an area that has local channels over satellite.

Unless of course you've got a super cheap customer who wants to nickle and dime his monthly bill to the lowest possible levels (i.e. he doesn't want to pay for locals)...

I know there is an input port for OTA on the SD recivers (322, 311, 625, etc), but I think it's just like an analog pass through thingy.

It is pass-thru only. The TV's tuner would do the actual work .... if it's an older TV though, come next Feb, it obviously won't.

Have them get a "free" converter box using the gov't coupons and put it in-line with the TV and Dish box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)